What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
A dry slightly overcast day today so I decided to do the prep for the Meguires Hybrid Wax Ceramic coating. I had washed, dried, and polished the car with AGSRP to make sure it was clean before applying the Meguires stuff and just when I'm about to buff her up the sun comes out! :rolleyes:

IMG_3455.JPG IMG_3458.JPG

Oh well I'd started so I suppose I'd better get it finished. The ceramic coating instructions say that it should only be applied in the shade and while the bodywork is cool to the touch :geek: typical, normally you are begging for the sun to make an appearance with no joy and the one day that you don't want it bingo!

Anyhoo, it was getting on and it had also cooled down a bit so I carried on.

IMG_3460.JPG IMG_3462.JPG

It came up very nicely :p now I just need to wait for some rain (when I don't want it, lol), to see how well the water beads up on the body.

Bopo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDi AMG Night Premium Plus (Sept 2015) with GAD Tuning re-map. Definitely not double badged.
After a day of DIY and gardening (new mains sockets, additional sockets, getting a sparky to fix up the cables I'd drilled through ffs, radiator painting, putting up a curtain rail, scarifying then trimming the front lawn) it was time to show the E350 some love.

Finally got a chance to use the new Amazon knock-off Dyson turbo attachment to give the floor mats a pretty decent spruce up. Not bad at all in 20 mins.

Followed it with a quick snow foam and a standard two-bucket wash and dry... About 90 mins. My Mrs and next door neighbour both said "You cleaning that car again?", but it has been a week and 400 miles, so yes, I'm cleaning my car.

Love seeing that beautiful MB paintwork all shiny.

Bopo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDi AMG Night Premium Plus (Sept 2015) with GAD Tuning re-map. Definitely not double badged.
A dry slightly overcast day today so I decided to do the prep for the Meguires Hybrid Wax Ceramic coating ...

...It came up very nicely :p.

Excellent work, sir! I'm very interested to see how this works out, while also damning your for potentially ruining another weekend for me while I ceramic coat my own motor.

Looks fantastic!

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My Mrs and next door neighbour both said "You cleaning that car again?", but it has been a week and 400 miles, so yes, I'm cleaning my car.

I regularly get this conversation with my neighbours too, usually after around 250-300 miles. ;)

400 miles!!! :shock::shock: I had the conversation last night after.... 34 miles, OMG my OCD's getting worse!!!!!:eek:

Love seeing that beautiful MB paintwork all shiny.

I also love to see my car looking pristine clean and gleaming. :D

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I also love to see my car looking pristine clean and gleaming. :D

That got a little mixed up when I tried to answer a couple of seperate questions, at least you got the gist, lol.

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Nice little cruise along the seafront top down (needed sun lotion) upon my return detailer was waiting to wash the car, perfect :).

Mercedes SL500 R231
Pics
f5a8a63dbab4c3f36740fc80c8ba3f40.jpg
5130808e2bd1462772c45d0713cfe9dd.jpg

Mercedes SL500 R231

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
I had one last item on my 'to fix' list which was the headlight washers. Although it is unlikely I'll ever use them I just wanted to make sure it was only the pump that had seized so I stripped it down yesterday and found the motor was very stiff.
A bit of WD freed it off and it was greased and refitted and now works a treat.

100% working S203. On to maintenance and cosmetic items again now the weather is better.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
image.jpg Found this on the CLK after investigating a noise . Broken passenger side front Spring . I'll have to have a read up in the next day or so to see if I can attempt to do it myself . By that I mean take the whole thing off , get the garage to fit new ones to the shock and put them back myself .
Not done it before , but if it saves a few hours of someone else's labour I might try it ?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Fired up the micro Merc. First time it's been run in 6 months and it fired up straight away. Not taxed at present so not able to drive it but will be addressing that soon too. Have to admit it felt"right" to sit in - very much like an old comfy slipper ;)

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
View attachment 49529 Found this on the CLK after investigating a noise . Broken passenger side front Spring . I'll have to have a read up in the next day or so to see if I can attempt to do it myself . By that I mean take the whole thing off , get the garage to fit new ones to the shock and put them back myself .
Not done it before , but if it saves a few hours of someone else's labour I might try it ?
Ouch be careful if you are going DIY I read spring compressions can be lethal if you do not have correct procedure/tools...

Mercedes SL500 R231

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
View attachment 49529 Found this on the CLK after investigating a noise . Broken passenger side front Spring . I'll have to have a read up in the next day or so to see if I can attempt to do it myself . By that I mean take the whole thing off , get the garage to fit new ones to the shock and put them back myself .

A piece of cake, to a man of your talents sir! :cool:

All you need is a decent set of spring compressors or a friend who will give you a loan of a set.

If I can do it, anyone can. :D

(Delivered in best chanting voice). Wighty! Wighty! Wighty! ;)

Top Bottom