00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
Got rid of the BOING. After I changed my rear springs I developed a quiet boing on the LHS when going over speed bumps. As it was dry on Saturday I decided to refit the spring. When I got everything exposed I could see that it was just making contact with the side of the carrier/cup. I was able to just lever it clear and boing gone.:):):):)
Also took the chance to add some exhaust tips Santa had brought me. Good day.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Ordered both lower front suspension arms from GSF, bushes are gone on one and going on the other so replacing both then tracking.

Bought the GSF "Premium" parts, £143 for both with the code END60

Avnt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c350 cdi estate amg
Ordered both lower front suspension arms from GSF, bushes are gone on one and going on the other so replacing both then tracking.

Bought the GSF "Premium" parts, £143 for both with the code END60

What brand is the premium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
What brand is the premium?

No idea, they do a standard and a premium in their own brand. I will have a look on the packaging when I pick them up later.

Spoke to my Mechanic mate (who is fitting them), he said they are good and uses them on his own car (BMW), comparable price to Lemforder but much more discount.

It is a minefield out there with the amount of different brands, Starline being the cheapest and Lemforder the dearest with loads in between like MOOG, TRW etc depending on where you get them from.

Avnt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c350 cdi estate amg
No idea, they do a standard and a premium in their own brand. I will have a look on the packaging when I pick them up later.

Spoke to my Mechanic mate (who is fitting them), he said they are good and uses them on his own car (BMW), comparable price to Lemforder but much more discount.

It is a minefield out there with the amount of different brands, Starline being the cheapest and Lemforder the dearest with loads in between like MOOG, TRW etc depending on where you get them from.

They’s loads out there to choose from. I still need to do mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Wife went out to the 169 this morning and it was dead, would not turn over. As the battery is the original from 2005 I decided it was time to get it a new one after work. Will be fitting it tomorrow before I have to start work.
Glad it died now to be honest as from Monday I’m in that Australialand with work for a week before travelling to the Philippines again for another.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Wife went out to the 169 this morning and it was dead, would not turn over. As the battery is the original from 2005 I decided it was time to get it a new one after work. Will be fitting it tomorrow before I have to start work.
Glad it died now to be honest as from Monday I’m in that Australialand with work for a week before travelling to the Philippines again for another.

Must be cack battery week! My Pa's Freelander 2 battery started playing silly gibbons on Saturday!

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
Was going to wash the SLK but went out instead...now it definitely needs a wash after those "C" and unclassified road covered in tractor mud...

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Another flat battery, must be the season alright :rolleyes:
The 500 hasn't gone since before Christmas, so it was time to put it into the garage to remove the ABC pump and send back under warranty. It is rattling. Key fob wouldn't unlock the door, so out with the blade key and open the boot. Test Halfords 17 month old battery.....2.7 volts :( Stick blade key into drivers door, open and pop the bonnet and test starter battery, 12.9 volts....Put key back into fob, place into ignition and start car. Lovely :) Then reverse said car into the garage ready for more activity tomorrow.

IMG_20200128_183907.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom