What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
At least you are covered, but what a shame.

Pain in the arse:

Spent 2 hours today completing all the paperwork, scanning it and returning it along with photos of the damage

Get a call from Easidrive (the company my insurers appointed to deal with it) straight after saying as the 3rd party have not responded and they can't get liability (even though my insurance company have acceptance of his liability) they can't give me a car so will not deal with it (which was supposed to arrive today as my car is classed as unroadworthy) They told me they had contacted my insurance company and told them.

My insurance company had no idea until I told them so they now have to do it all over again and no doubt I will have to fill a ton of paperwork in again!!!!

Unimpressed to say the least!

AND

To top it all off it's raining and the rear light is smashed so there will be water ingress!!!!

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
:) There is a section that has a couple of sets on the flat, so I have done a few fast starts up to 50 and then off the pedal. It is most enjoyable. I will ease of these now.

That's the trouble Andy, it costs money :shock:

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
TV repair has called to say checked your air con switch and is fine in all aspects o_O
Must be another Air con switch somewhere in the car that is at fault :rolleyes:
Better take more notice of what the scanner says in future :(

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Pain in the arse:

Spent 2 hours today completing all the paperwork, scanning it and returning it along with photos of the damage

Get a call from Easidrive (the company my insurers appointed to deal with it) straight after saying as the 3rd party have not responded and they can't get liability (even though my insurance company have acceptance of his liability) they can't give me a car so will not deal with it (which was supposed to arrive today as my car is classed as unroadworthy) They told me they had contacted my insurance company and told them.

My insurance company had no idea until I told them so they now have to do it all over again and no doubt I will have to fill a ton of paperwork in again!!!!

Unimpressed to say the least!

AND

To top it all off it's raining and the rear light is smashed so there will be water ingress!!!!

Had similar with Admiral a few years ago, when somebody turned right out of a supermarket car park, and straight in to the side of my car.

I'd submitted photos, road layout sketches and written report, all within 3 hrs.

3 weeks later I'd heard nothing back, so called and was told that, as they'd heard nothing further from matey's insurance company, other than he'd informed them there was an incident but provided no detail, Admiral were going to treat it as a 50/50!

When I asked how they came to that decision, they said, "Well, he hasn't provided any detail!"

I was incandescent! Told them that tells them all they need to know, that they include legal expenses so they'd best put them to good use!

Insurance companies are a complete waste of oxygen, sadly! :mad:

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
3 weeks later I'd heard nothing back, so called and was told that, as they'd heard nothing further from matey's insurance company, other than he'd informed them there was an incident but provided no detail, Admiral were going to treat it as a 50/50!

My insurance company passed it to Easidrive to deal with as they don't have an approved repairer near me, Reading and Swansea are the closest.

Easidrive then contacted me and I had to go through it all over again and there was supposed to be a car here today.

The 3rd party has admitted liability to my insurer but as Easidrive can't get hold of him to get the same response they class it as a credit agreement so won't let me have a car!!!!

Sounds like BS to me

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
My insurance company passed it to Easidrive to deal with as they don't have an approved repairer near me, Reading and Swansea are the closest.

Easidrive then contacted me and I had to go through it all over again and there was supposed to be a car here today.

The 3rd party has admitted liability to my insurer but as Easidrive can't get hold of him to get the same response they class it as a credit agreement so won't let me have a car!!!!

Sounds like BS to me

Yup, typical insurance company sherking! Utterly useless, money-grabbing barstewards! But only my opinion... obvs!

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yup, typical insurance company sherking! Utterly useless, money-grabbing barstewards! But only my opinion... obvs!

Seems to be all sorted, my car is being picked up tomorrow and off to John Card Accident Repair Centre in Plymouth on the back of a low loader.

19' Plate BMW 520i being dropped off at midday

Avnt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c350 cdi estate amg
Seems to be all sorted, my car is being picked up tomorrow and off to John Card Accident Repair Centre in Plymouth on the back of a low loader.

19' Plate BMW 520i being dropped off at midday

At least yours hasnt been written off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
Had similar with Admiral a few years ago, when somebody turned right out of a supermarket car park, and straight in to the side of my car.

I'd submitted photos, road layout sketches and written report, all within 3 hrs.

When I asked how they came to that decision, they said, "Well, he hasn't provided any detail!"

I was incandescent! Told them that tells them all they need to know, that they include legal expenses so they'd best put them to good use!

Insurance companies are a complete waste of oxygen, sadly! :mad:
I bet the other party are also insured with Admiral or an Admiral company hence the 50/50. This way Admiral takes an excess from both parties, and increases insurance cost on renewal for both parties.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
I bet the other party are also insured with Admiral or an Admiral company hence the 50/50. This way Admiral takes an excess from both parties, and increases insurance cost on renewal for both parties.

That was my suspicion - they said it was some unheard, back street type of company... so either BS, or underwritten by Admiral!

I ended up telling them I'd sue them for not representing my interests as their customer fully and using the included legal cover, even if it cost more than the repair... Just out of principle!

Avnt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c350 cdi estate amg
So half bald rears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hopefully they’ll not write it off. Saves looking for a new car

I doubt it, repair the wing and door then replace the bumper and rear light

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom