What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Had an Italian tune up yesterday with the speed limiter actually in the car!

We are temporarily looking after Larry the Lurcher with separation anxiety who cannot be left alone.

Bought some half price lawn feed from a seller 30 mins away, kids were home so we set off to collect.

Half way home daughter calls and says she needs to leave as booked to watch a film at the local cinema. Larry was about to be home alone, (visions of excrement all over the house and chewed furniture clouded my mind....).

We have a Hive sound monitor in the kitchen that texts if it hears a noise such as dog bark or glass breakage.

Sport mode engaged, empty unrestricted country roads lay ahead....

Speed limiter reports "barking detected text" (foot goes down, heads snapped back).

Speed limiter reports text no.2. (paddle shifts engaged, Sport suspension selected....).

Speed limiter reports text no. 3, (she is now screaming at the top of her lungs "the dog is not worth dying over").

Speed limiter learnt by this stage not to report the following 7x barks! Pity as I was starting to enjoy myself with the perfect excuse at each stage ;-)..

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
Is your “Speed Limiter” the same as my “Fun Prevention Officer”?

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
It’s mounted in the boot, on some form of custom chassis over the DVD multichanger. How it’s wired up I don’t know; controllers are wireless.
Ah, little different to the 212 setup then, more digging required I think, though as she’s only 2 our little one doesn’t quite understand PlayStation yet lol

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Ah, little different to the 212 setup then, more digging required I think, though as she’s only 2 our little one doesn’t quite understand PlayStation yet lol
I wouldn’t be at all surprised if she did. In 2018 we took the family to Italy in the 215. Both girls (6yo and not-quite-2yo) had Kindle Fire tablets. Before we even got to Folkestone they’d figured out how to watch movies (I’d downloaded some) and play all the games on them.

Fast forward to now; our 2yo boy can happily navigate his mummy’s phone to watch Peppa Pig and do the same with the telly remote!

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
you best get training her up pal , I met a 20 year old lad in a Nissan GTR the other day , makes a fortune out of playing Forza motorsport online

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I wouldn’t be at all surprised if she did. In 2018 we took the family to Italy in the 215. Both girls (6yo and not-quite-2yo) had Kindle Fire tablets. Before we even got to Folkestone they’d figured out how to watch movies (I’d downloaded some) and play all the games on them.

Fast forward to now; our 2yo boy can happily navigate his mummy’s phone to watch Peppa Pig and do the same with the telly remote!
She does the same with finding pip & posy on the iPad already, but she does at least know she’s only allowed it during meal times or having her nails cut.
you best get training her up pal , I met a 20 year old lad in a Nissan GTR the other day , makes a fortune out of playing Forza motorsport online
she has no hand eye coordination already lol, completely takes after her mother in that respect, walls and door frames often move about the place resulting in bumps, she’s a hardy little thing though, often just wants a little cuddle and kiss to make it better and she’s back off again

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
My daughter said she wanted to create "Makeup You Tube Videos" for a living 8 years ago and I told her you can't make a living that way, how stupid was I !

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 350cdi (C218) 2012 / OM642
Had an Italian tune up yesterday with the speed limiter actually in the car!

We are temporarily looking after Larry the Lurcher with separation anxiety who cannot be left alone.

Bought some half price lawn feed from a seller 30 mins away, kids were home so we set off to collect.

Half way home daughter calls and says she needs to leave as booked to watch a film at the local cinema. Larry was about to be home alone, (visions of excrement all over the house and chewed furniture clouded my mind....).

We have a Hive sound monitor in the kitchen that texts if it hears a noise such as dog bark or glass breakage.

Sport mode engaged, empty unrestricted country roads lay ahead....

Speed limiter reports "barking detected text" (foot goes down, heads snapped back).

Speed limiter reports text no.2. (paddle shifts engaged, Sport suspension selected....).

Speed limiter reports text no. 3, (she is now screaming at the top of her lungs "the dog is not worth dying over").

Speed limiter learnt by this stage not to report the following 7x barks! Pity as I was starting to enjoy myself with the perfect excuse at each stage ;-)..

I love the “Gone in 60 seconds” style montage you had going on there XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My daughter said she wanted to create "Makeup You Tube Videos" for a living 8 years ago and I told her you can't make a living that way, how stupid was I !

A friend of my wife’s actually became a professional makeup artist (does quite a bit of red carpet stuff) after doing a few YouTube videos on how to do makeup,

Droverunner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 CLK 220 CDi Sport. 2014 S-Max 2.0TDCi.
Spent all yesterday doing an interior valet and leather clean/condition on the new to me 2012 ex-police Viano which arrived tidy but not deep cleaned. Had to make up a smallish tube to tape to the end of the Dyson to clean out 9yrs of debris from down in the rear seating runner channels. Carpets excellent after a couple of coffee stains removed with a damp cloth, reckon they must have had rubber over mats or something or they'd have been much more worn. Black leather seats were in good/fair condition but massively improved in look and supple feel using Autoglym leather cleaner then a black balm bought from Ebay which is brilliant. It colours/restores scratches but doesn't change the colour of the leather that's undamaged. Rub in and buff off then leave to fully dry and it doesn't come off on clothes.

It arrived as three rows of two individual seats with the rearmost facing each other but for our use the very rear pair are going into storage and the middle two set facing forward with enough space to get your knees under the table which leaves the loadspace we need. Couldn't believe how heavy each rear seat was.

Now going on an orderfest... nice front carpet mats, rear load space rubber mat, emergency pump/tyre seal (missing) and a few sizes of trim plugs to put in the cable holes left from police eqpt removal.
Seating 2 plus 2.JPG Leather restoration.jpg

Last edited:

Droverunner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 CLK 220 CDi Sport. 2014 S-Max 2.0TDCi.
Indeed very smart Wighty. I'm not that precious about my vehicles just decent looking and tidy but as this Viano doesn't need any paintwork repairs or touch up wondered about having it power mopped and some sort of sealing polish?

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Took the 55 to the hand car wash :cool:

20210531_104718.jpg

Unfortunately I had to put the roof up :(

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
Attempted to change the anti roll bar bushes. Again Youtube took about 7 mins. Took me half a day. Bolts started to undo fine, after about 5 turns the captured nut started turning. Lots of soaking with plus gas later managed to get a ring spanner on the captured nut and 15 mins later a quarter of a turn at a time got them out. After more plus gas & repeated working up & down the thread all fine. Went to fit new bush,sent the wrong size. AAAAAARRRRGH.
Only difference is in diameter of the hole. Good job I only did the one. Still when the replacements come it will be a 7 minute job.

Note to self, always soak old bolts with plus gas before starting work.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Attempted to change the anti roll bar bushes. Again Youtube took about 7 mins. Took me half a day. Bolts started to undo fine, after about 5 turns the captured nut started turning. Lots of soaking with plus gas later managed to get a ring spanner on the captured nut and 15 mins later a quarter of a turn at a time got them out. After more plus gas & repeated working up & down the thread all fine. Went to fit new bush,sent the wrong size. AAAAAARRRRGH.
Only difference is in diameter of the hole. Good job I only did the one. Still when the replacements come it will be a 7 minute job.

Note to self, always soak old bolts with plus gas before starting work.
I now add 3-4 hours to any 7 minute YouTube timing :rolleyes:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Me nothing just a nice top down drive… ;)

MBS a bit more…;):)

BD92DB46-1191-4D04-BAF8-284833A7840D.jpeg
62174313-8241-432B-BD09-0706A46A20CE.jpeg 7C450697-9CF1-4667-9165-AC2BFCEC0B81.jpeg F1C62A6B-638C-4F62-A614-AF3615AFE5C5.jpeg 627A4999-6FEA-4A7E-B366-6B3055F59E64.jpeg 71FE2FE1-AEB0-4C54-96F2-D16B869D55B8.jpeg 31465F04-1BE3-4471-81D5-F2248B200DFB.jpeg

A service plus near side rear spring and front offside control arm control arm

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom