What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Snake Charmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E320 CDI 2004
That is a good day out but you do need a full day to do it :) I seem to remember that the completion of the M11 was held up so they could get Concord in or is that just my imagination :)
We were discussing this yesterday at breakfast, a full day would just about cover the exhibits but not on a flying day.
I was on Concorde 101 some years back at Duxford closely inspecting the exposed wiring and one of the volunteers asked what I was looking for. I told him any blue wiring as a friends train set was wired up with it, his Father had worked on this aircraft and sneaked a length out wrapped around his waist! :)

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Did another up and over Mont Ventoux especially as we are only staying a few miles away.
Gorgeous countryside around here , as in most of France , but the sheer absence of birds makes it feel like an alien planet , they must have killed them all .

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Did another up and over Mont Ventoux especially as we are only staying a few miles away.
Gorgeous countryside around here , as in most of France , but the sheer absence of birds makes it feel like an alien planet , they must have killed them all .
Or eaten them all, knowing the French!

I love that area - have always stayed at Crillon-le-Beave, near Bédoin.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Or eaten them all, knowing the French!

I love that area - have always stayed at Crillon-le-Beave, near Bédoin.
I drove right past there today when we left Bedoin. Small world !
Have you changed your car ?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
One thing we noticed is the total lack of squirrels.
Strangely we get birds by the dozens but zero squirrels.
We also get snakes (including one that made itself at home between the front door and the outer shutter - gave our cleaner a hell of a fright). So far I've only seen the one snake but Rose assures me she sees at least one each visit.

Last edited:

JoeHorner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 W203 C270CDI Elegance
Repaired the key that suddenly stopped working. Turned out to be a through-hole in the board that had corroded through and killed the supply.

Also started playing with an arduino data-logger and found (on rough figures) that it should be able to capture 1000 samples per second on two sensors (or a sensor and its supply line) to about 0.005v precision and keep doing that for 4 1/2 days continual running.

If there are any dodgy readings that should catch them :D 20220913_221126.jpg

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
One thing we noticed is the total lack of squirrels.
Strangely we get birds by the dozens but zero squirrels.
We also get snakes (including one that made itself at home between the front door and the outer shutter - gave our cleaner a hell of a fright). So far I've only seen the one snake but Rose assures me she sees at least one each visit.
Had 2 scorpions in the house down here , one on the bedroom wall ,the other fell out of my swim shorts when I shook them :shock:

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
I decided to move the mirrors in on the 55 so we don't keep knocking them when passing, so opened the driver door as you do slowly to let the windows drop slightly first unlike the missus who has the door wide open before the windows have a chance to clear the rubbers :rolleyes: Rear window drops, but the drivers doesn't, proceeded to put the key into the ignition and it wouldn't turn :eek: Consumer battery off line :confused: Still it should have started.
Opened the boot with the blade key to test the battery. 6.7volts which means something isn't going to sleep :shock: This happened to our last r230 (although that had been parked up for nearly a year and the car wouldn't start until we charged up the consumer battery)
Fitted another battery and the 55 started fine. Said battery is now on charge, so investigation to find out why it's drawing current job for on scanner o_O
After all that, I forgot to fold the mirrors in :geek:
What's the point in having a battery under the bonnet if the consumer battery goes flat, I thought you should still be able to start the engine?
I think I know why, if the consumer battery is too flat it won't unlock the ignition.....right?? If that's the case, the ignition should be connected to the starter battery?? Yes......:confused:

20220914_143504.jpg

However. The good news is, suspension hasn't dropped :D

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
We were discussing this yesterday at breakfast, a full day would just about cover the exhibits but not on a flying day.
I was on Concorde 101 some years back at Duxford closely inspecting the exposed wiring and one of the volunteers asked what I was looking for. I told him any blue wiring as a friends train set was wired up with it, his Father had worked on this aircraft and sneaked a length out wrapped around his waist! :)

My father in law worked on some of the development on Concorde. Mainly the plumbing system. I have lots of top secret documents and photo's of experimental stages :cool:

Top Bottom