What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
You can’t drive hard enough to get out of Coventry, I find!!!

Yep, you are right Craig, and yesterday was no exception, 3 hours to go from Cambridgeshire to Coventry. However clean the 55 again, drove to North Wales and this morning just saw the grey coloured Black 55 :(

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Swapped out the aerial for a spare I had and cleaned the 124 ready for its trip to Germany next weekend......

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
4 X new Avon winter tyres just fitted
Not that I'm expecting any snow. Lol
I figured they improved the hifly cheapo ones on their

68da80107a75bf6f95416bd95e9006c0.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
They are some nice shiny wheels there !!

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Wish you’d kept the Hemi now Dave?

Not really John, that was pretty poor in bad weather as well with it's ultra low profile run-flats. The Range Rover possibly but that was used as my deposit on the E Class. Before the Hemi I had a WJ Grand Cherokee 4.0 litre which, whilst being a shed, was an ultra reliable go to car. That's the one I should have kept, like driving around in your favourite armchair. Hindsight is marvellous isn't it... ;)

Hope you have more luck than I had with my Cherokee Dave.... Couldn't keep it in rear diffs Inchape new me by my first name before I got rid of it.

I must have been lucky with mine Tony, though I must admit that it's not an item I've heard of going. Now transfer boxes...
:D :D :D :D :D

android

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 S Class 280 2.8
They are some nice shiny wheels there !!
Cheers gave the wheels and tyres some TLC when I got back from the garage
Get rid of all the gunk on the tyre from the fitting

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Not really John, that was pretty poor in bad weather as well with it's ultra low profile run-flats. The Range Rover possibly but that was used as my deposit on the E Class. Before the Hemi I had a WJ Grand Cherokee 4.0 litre which, whilst being a shed, was an ultra reliable go to car. That's the one I should have kept, like driving around in your favourite armchair. Hindsight is marvellous isn't it... ;)

I must have been lucky with mine Tony, though I must admit that it's not an item I've heard of going. Now transfer boxes...
:D :D :D :D :D
Understood Dave- so what did you manage to pick up this time?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Reset the levels on the 230 as it looked a bit "odd". Looks much better now they're all set at 70cm arch to ground.

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
Replaced the auxiliary battery (easily done in 10 minutes). The only difficulty was removing the back panel in the boot due to how tightly it fitted.

Replaced wheel bolts on one wheel, going to do the rest, as one had been mangled in the past and the others were really too tight a fit for my liking (all chrome headed MB bolts). Obviously they've rusted under the cap and swelled accordingly. Going to replace them all.

Thoroughly cleaned a weeks worth of motorway grim off so that I can admire the shine on the black paintwork. Shame that it'll be filthy again before I get to work tomorrow morning!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Scuffed NSR wheel getting out of the way of an oncoming‘enthusiatic’ white van driver on the narrow lanes coming to work today :mad:

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
Scuffed NSR wheel getting out of the way of an oncoming‘enthusiatic’ white van driver on the narrow lanes coming to work today :mad:
“Ohhh bollocks” no doubt! Seems to be an outbreak of unsolicited scuffs at the moment, someone needs to develop a vaccine (like a flu jab)?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
“Ohhh bollocks” no doubt! Seems to be an outbreak of unsolicited scuffs at the moment, someone needs to develop a vaccine (like a flu jab)?
It was a phrase of some similarity Frosty! You know the feeling when you think ‘maybe it was just the tyre jolted on that jutting kerb?’ - the hopeful feeling, then you get to the company car park and ‘no’ aaaargh
It’s not too bad to be honest - I’ll wait out the winter then get all the wheels done in spring :confused:

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

Annoying but time to have them refurbed in black ;)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Annoying but time to have them refurbed in black ;)
Exactly Jon- I was toying earlier in the year with Anthracite but didn’t get round to it as you might remember, so as I’ve said earlier I’ll wait until spring now and get them done. This is a relatively light scuff and only I can see it (even when I’m not near the car!), so should be free of corrosion until then (especially when I slabber some wax on it later)

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom