What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
run about all over the place in the 170 this morning , great fun to drive although he doesn't seem to like to go slowly , makes the gearbox changes a bit odd

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 350cdi (C218) 2012 / OM642
I want to see 200k before i change the car so a bit of easy maintance should see me there. My A4 had rear springs at 70k and needed another at 110k more than likey cheap ones used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to as well but for various reasons none of my cars have ever made it to 200k...not my fault, honest!

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
What have I done to my car today.......Nothing!!

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Huge congratulations to you and Dawn. I bet the girls can't wait to get their hands on him!
Thank you thank you... they’ve been really well behaved, absolute credit to them both I must say!

Avnt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c350 cdi estate amg
I would like to as well but for various reasons none of my cars have ever made it to 200k...not my fault, honest!

The closest i got was 190k in my old toyota van. It went to another company who killed it at 195k by letting the block freeze after a water leak

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Had new radiator fitted (long story following ECP carppy service) and it's now on its way to France. Looking forward to a week away. Looked unlikely for a while due to all the Brexit shenanigans.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Took mine in today for paint detailing and ceramic coating. The detailer had a brand new AMG and a brand new BMW in, both because the dealers had ruined the paintwork by washing, presumably with a gritty cloth.:rolleyes:
Not at all unusual Peter!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
View attachment 49220 View attachment 49221

Washed the car today after taking Swmbo to our local Curry's Electrical and buying a new washing machine.

The main drum bearing has gone in the old one, it's only two years old too! :( and it was going to cost more than a new machine for the bearing and drum assembly, which comes as a complete unit. :shock:

I was going to swop them myself, until I found out the price for the parts, (this was before even considering the cost of the labour for getting a repair shop to fit the damned thing). I just flipped :mad: and thought nope, not happening.

Swmbo was like, "but it's just a wee bit noisey". :rolleyes:

Wouldn't have been that if it had gone on fire or the drum ate it's way out of the housing on full spin eh?

Sometimes I wonder what goes on in her head, as she has been quite happy to continue to use it. I hadn't heard it going on full spin since it first got noisey a couple of weeks ago, I just thought she'd overfilled it or perhaps had a lopsided load in the drum and now, I've heard noiser combat jets taking off! :eek: You couldn't have a conversation without shouting over it, it's got so bad.

Oh well, never have another Hotpoint washing machine now. We bought it on the strength of having purchased a Hotpoint fridge/freezer which has lasted for donkeys years and given excellent service, times have changed it seems.:rolleyes:
Different experience Jim...we had a Hotpoint Aquarius washer dryer (7lb load) for 11 years and it was hard used I can tell you.It only gave up the ghost last week, coinciding with our desire to have an increased (9lb) load machine so we’ve gone Hotpoint again....ao.com £458 and the new one is sooooooo quiet

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 350cdi (C218) 2012 / OM642
The closest i got was 190k in my old toyota van. It went to another company who killed it at 195k by letting the block freeze after a water leak

Closest I got to it was 186k in my Mk2 Vauxhall Astra 1.3DOHC , I truly kept that thing going on life support, to be fair though the engine was pretty solid, just everything else around it falling apart, maintained and replaced everything on it (rebuilding the bodywork as it disappeared too!).

Gave it to my bro to use in Bristol and some yobs nicked it and torched it.

Top Bottom