What have you done to your UnMerc today?

Mark Q

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R 230 SL 500 2004 & Nissan Navara, Jag F-Pace, BMW Z4
That's a nice looking car, though I did like the Capri version slightly better :D
I am restoring a 1969 MK1 Triumph 2.5pi for a friend. I had a panel and restoration shop, retired now.......Well I was supposed to be :rolleyes:
I have 3 cars on the go at present as well, though these 3 Triumphs are mine own cars and when I get around to it I will be able to finish them?? 2 of them I have been working on for the past 11 years o_O
I had a 2500TC back in the early 80's saw most things off until fuel injection became the norm. I was monumentally embarrassed by a Testarossa on the M1 who was probably at max chat, so I slowed down after that. Loved that car.

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
I had a 2500TC back in the early 80's saw most things off until fuel injection became the norm. I was monumentally embarrassed by a Testarossa on the M1 who was probably at max chat, so I slowed down after that. Loved that car.

I had a few pi's raced one for 16 years which wasn't no slug either :D
Actually I have had many many 2000s and 2500s. Still have a MK1 pi.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
After changing the engine oil on the BMW IL6 I compared the old and new oil which had covered 3000 miles I was amazed at how dirty the old oil was and how it smelt I can only put this down to Direct Injection petrol engines due to soot being washed down the cylinders and past the rings. I’d certainly recommend frequent oil changes with these type of engines if you intend keeping the car long-term I certainly wouldn’t go beyond 5k miles if you do a lot of short journeys as I do

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
After changing the engine oil on the BMW IL6 I compared the old and new oil which had covered 3000 miles I was amazed at how dirty the old oil was and how it smelt I can only put this down to Direct Injection petrol engines due to soot being washed down the cylinders and past the rings. I’d certainly recommend frequent oil changes with these type of engines if you intend keeping the car long-term I certainly wouldn’t go beyond 5k miles if you do a lot of short journeys as I do
My last contraption had a GDI engine, and a catch-can was a strongly recommended modification.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
We now have an unMerc, hopefully temporarily, while the lovely new 251 goes off for its TCM repair.

(Daewoo Aveo btw)

“Misfire in cylinder 2 detected”, Sunday. Right, I’ll change the plugs- off to Halfrauds, I say. 4DA12DD2-3722-445A-B96C-0935FA36C098.jpeg

The local Halfrauds selection of sparking plugs does not inspire confidence. Needless to say they don’t have the size I need there.

One order to ECP later Inc free postage and I have parts arriving today.

Whip off the weird placcy trim cover (with an oil breather integrated, wtf Korean designers?) and pull out the plugs. Misfire only in cyl 2 eh? 15938694-0128-431C-88F1-113D3830B4E8.jpeg
(These are 1 (top) to 4 (bottom)).

Spark gap should be 1.0mm, I’m astonished that it was only missing on one cylinder!!

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
Defo got the miles out of them. Dont knock the Koreans, a lot of cars would have stopped running on those long ago:D Their engines lack refinement but make up in reliability mostly

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Defo got the miles out of them. Dont knock the Koreans, a lot of cars would have stopped running on those long ago:D Their engines lack refinement but make up in reliability mostly
Oh they do make some very good cars. The Sedona (I know, not Daewoo but still Korean) is superb.

AndySlade

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Diesel Estate, Sports Edition
Got it out the garage and gave it a clean!!! View attachment 76049
Nice. I was on secondment from MoD at Sterling Metals in Nuneaton where they had the prototype production equipment to make the alloy wheels for the Triumph Stag and Toledo. Because a lot were sold to the States any wheel with the slightest imperfection was scrapped by cutting through the rim section with giant bolt cutters. They had a mountain of scrap which they could not recycle because wheels were sprayed black all over then faced and then clear coated. Most had only minor blemishes in the coating, but were still scrapped.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom