What have you done to your UnMerc today?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Left front upper corner, a wee swimming pool. A very poor repair in the past :rolleyes:
Problem is body flex, the body seams just give up overtime and it’s then a case of chasing your tail sealing them all up again

Snake Charmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E320 CDI 2004
Problem is body flex, the body seams just give up overtime and it’s then a case of chasing your tail sealing them all up again
Sikaflex Marine and if its a hot spot Envirograf 1200°C flue sealant. :)

Unmercedes wise, I may have left the locking wheel bolt key for The Trousers Golf on the last bolt I torqued fitting the refurbished wheels and lost it. :mad: I have a spare set and key, hopefully the neighbours car is the same spline.....:oops:

Last edited:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Sikaflex Marine and if its a hot spot Envirograf 1200°C flue sealant. :)

Unmercedes wise, I may have left the locking wheel bolt key for The Trousers Golf on the last bolt I torqued fitting the refurbished wheels and lost it. :mad: I have a spare set and key, hopefully the neighbours car is the same spline.....:oops:
Big fan of sikaflex :)

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
finished reconnecting gearbox wiring and bolting the loom back on , refitted crank sensor & cover , temp repair on boost pressure sensor wire ( hope that works ) refitted the batwing brace and for the first time in 4 weeks dropped it off axle stands onto its own wheels

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 440i, Cayenne, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock
Cayenne had an interim service today , my wallet is (a fair) £300 lighter but pleased as the car has a clean bill of health.

MOT on Friday , so fingers crossed.

K

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Had a day off to take the 124 up to the storage place we use and swap it for another classic we own!! Love this little thing!
710B9CE2-83F4-4C22-A75B-875F5D894744.jpeg

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
Had a connection failure between electronic key and ecu receptor on my Nissan Maxima - 10 years old. Had to get roadside assist who could do nothing. Transported to workshop. Receptor box costs $1900 retail plus about $300 to fit and setup. Luckily, my past life as a Nissan dealer allowed me to get the box for $1135, so lucky there. Roadside tech said he sees lots of these failures with all makes using these electronic keys and push button start. So much for reliability in these hi-tech times. Makes one a bit leery on the electric car front with presumably even more techo stuff. Technology is still a bit new there too. Reports from Hyundai Ionic 5 owners particularly indicate the dealers have "no clues" when cars brought in with issues. This business of internet purchasing, eliminating dealers from the process, may come back to bite them big time. Dealers just shrug and say " we haven't been trained on these things"
Not good......

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 440i, Cayenne, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock
Porker passed its MOT today , :) , just two advisories - rear discs (original) slightly corroded and a nail in the OSR (new) tyre.

Took a chance and removed the nail and luckily it had went in at a angle and not straight , so no dramas there . The discs can wait as it maybe getting replaced at some point early next year for an X6 - 40 or 50D , if not i will replace them before its next MOT.

BMW brake fluid replacement and MOT next.

K

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
It was looking in decidedly worse shape than when you sold it, certainly was abused during filming
i was surprised they didnt prang it pal to be honest , my brother works at the ( cough , not abandoned ) power station , he said they were ragging up and down all day in the Hemi and all the other cars

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
i was surprised they didnt prang it pal to be honest , my brother works at the ( cough , not abandoned ) power station , he said they were ragging up and down all day in the Hemi and all the other cars
West Burton ?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom