Where to sell my E55?

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
I sold my Pug for cash, the guy was genuine and from Ireland, so bank transfer took three days to process into my account (stuck a £500 deposit over to secure the car), him and his dad flew over, I picked them up at the airport, went back to my house (about 30 minute drive), picked up all the paper work, let them have a good look at the car inside and out, then off we went to the back where we paid it in over the counter. Once it’s their side of the counter and they confirm receipt it’s no longer my issue, the bank has to take the hit if there are any forged notes in there from that point on.
I signed the receipt in the bank and handed them the keys, they drive me home and then went in up to Liverpool to get the ferry home.
As far as I know he guy still has the car

Oh P.S. this was for £12k all in cash

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
Just saw this, what a shame about the idiots but, I still think such as car is best with an enthusiast type who will not be looking often so selling it will take time.

As mentioned above, just keep a watchful eye on the punters and also feel free to warn them.

(When I bought my Volvo I was taking covers off to check the cam belt, solenoid valves, plugs out etc. The seller was fine with that but I had to in order to check it was not clocked or a wrong un, as it seemed to good to be true.)

I have always paid cash even when I bought my Jag, albeit it that was years ago at a dealer. I still prefer to pay cash and I do not do internet/app banking. My usual approach has alway been to go and view, then agree the sale leaving a sensible cash deposit. Collect within 7 days thereafter paying cash giving me time to sort the insurance/tax etc over.

The only time two times it was a bank transfer was the dealership for the w221 and my motorbike. I offered the seller to come to the bank with me so he could see the transfer in person and then I could be gone. He refused saying he was busy so then I made sure the bike was still at his work location and his boss said he’ll ensure the bike stays there! (I don’t trust anybody!). Me and the transport people then had to wait about 3 hours until the transfer showed clearing into his account.

A couple of weeks ago I was refused a CLS55 (the one with the quaife LSD) as the seller wanted a transfer. All my options seemed too much of a hassle for him so I left it. What is stopping someone saying to me, yep transfer the cash, upon clearing you can come and collect the car, I get there and there is no car, perhaps no seller and my money is gone?

I’d say treat everyone individually as I’ve knocked cash sales back (just a bad vibe) and trusted one’s word of a transfer on the spot that was for a bicycle of £3200 as the seller gave me a good honest vibe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Is it worth dropping the price and making this more attractive to buyers? Are some put of by the higher running costs and future repair bills?
Today one needs cheap parts access or to be pretty brave with MBs newer than 2002 in. My view great places to be. But no fun if stuck on drive lookin a possible 2k plus bill and mb DO NOT make em. Like they used to.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom