Which MB 220 or 270

OP
P

philreed52

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
270clk
Those photos from Groverunner remind me what a good looking car that CLK was. Mine, bought in 2009 was a 220 in tenorite grey, nappa leather interior, and I loved it. After 3 years I replaced it with a C250 coupé, a better car all round, but I never really liked the looks as much as my CLK, my car-mad IT expert came to the house to fix something though and thought the new one was great, "Looks terrific, really aggressive!" he said, and maybe that was my problem with it. The car was a bit troublesome, fuel injection, cylinder head and wheel sensor problems, though all dealt with by MB under warranty, but I didn't want to keep it once the three years was up, who knew what lurked around for future years? A new E250 replaced it, an excellent car, but it never really grabbed me, so that only lasted one year, to be replaced by an absolute gem of an Alfa Giulia, which at 3 years old was replaced by my current petrol C300, which after the first low mileage year, I'm very happy with. Everything about my C300 just feels 'right', which is exactly how I felt about my fondly remembered CLK, but oh, that Alfa....
I too have owned a Alfa ,I had a 164 v6 lusso which we loved ,until the cam belt change came around and was quoted £1100 from indy !! Traded it in then lol. While we owned it ,was great fun to drive . I'm a bit odd with cars only buy them if I like the look regardless of their age.
I've owned 2 x Ford Aerostars a Plymouth Baracuda and a Plymouth Savoy ,that was my American phase, after owning BMW and Audi s various Ford's mainly the big ones. only 2 cars kept for years was a 2.2 Audi 100 and my current CLK . Don't do my own work on them now much as the age thing has crept up on me and I no longer have a garage ,so I also appreciate the reliability .Oddly though up until recently not been a great diesel fan. But with current witchunt on diesel might go back to petrol model as the fuel consumption is not too bad if I can wedge a brick under throttle pedal lol . Nearly 70 and still a boy racer!!

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

5w155t0ny

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL350
I too have owned a Alfa ,I had a 164 v6 lusso which we loved ,until the cam belt change came around and was quoted £1100 from indy !! Traded it in then lol. While we owned it ,was great fun to drive . I'm a bit odd with cars only buy them if I like the look regardless of their age.
I've owned 2 x Ford Aerostars a Plymouth Baracuda and a Plymouth Savoy ,that was my American phase, after owning BMW and Audi s various Ford's mainly the big ones. only 2 cars kept for years was a 2.2 Audi 100 and my current CLK . Don't do my own work on them now much as the age thing has crept up on me and I no longer have a garage ,so I also appreciate the reliability .Oddly though up until recently not been a great diesel fan. But with current witchunt on diesel might go back to petrol model as the fuel consumption is not too bad if I can wedge a brick under throttle pedal lol . Nearly 70 and still a boy racer!!

I loved those Audi 2.2 five pots from the eighties. Great flexibility, nice power, fantastic economy and the noise! :cool::cool:o_O

OP
P

philreed52

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
270clk
I loved those Audi 2.2 five pots from the eighties. Great flexibility, nice power, fantastic economy and the noise! :cool::cool:o_O
I kept my Audi 8 years bought it with 29k at 3years old. Longest I have ever kept a car , my old 270clk is still in second place at 4 years , but could catch up !!

Top Bottom