Who is your car

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Ah but yours is still building up to a crescendo :)

Hanz' is pretty much complete....at least the bits we can see (No I didn't mean the Avatar)

Hanz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 AMG/03/5.4V8
Hey Hannah,

Do the decorations stay on till 12th night (weather permitting)?

Or is it just till about Boxing Day? Just curious really ;)

Oh god, they're coming off the day before Christmas Eve, I'm off up North with family, so leaving the old Benz. To avoid any unwanted attention to her, I'll remove the decor :)

BarryG

Reaction score
Oh god, they're coming off the day before Christmas Eve, I'm off up North with family, so leaving the old Benz. To avoid any unwanted attention to her, I'll remove the decor :)

Picking out the flyover im going to wave to you from at this moment :)

Barry

AlisonH

Reaction score
Website
www.trpd.co.uk
Many, many, years ago, and during a rather wild youth, I had a Morris 1000 Traveller with the registration number 747 - I called her Nellie. The police in that area knew her well and called her the 'Jumbo Jet'. At least, they were inclined to ask if it was one?

Rattling along a dual carriageway and heading home in the early hours of one morning, I was pulled over by a patrol car and the conversation went something like this...

1st Police Officer: 'Is this your vehicle, madam?'

Me: 'Yes, officer.'

1st Police Officer: 'Can you tell me its registration number?'

Me: 'Yes - YWP 747.'

2nd Police Officer: 'Jumbo jet, is it? Are you aware that you look like a bicycle doing 110?'

Me: (Stunned silence at the 110 bit!) 'Sorry, officer; someone hit the rear sidelight cover and broke it last evening, but I will replace it as soon as the local garage opens.'

1st Police Officer commences checks of tax, tyres etc.

2nd Police Officer: 'Perhaps you'd like to tell me what you have under the bonnet?'

Me: 'Er... a battery... a radiator... a fan belt... a dipstick... er...'

1st Police Officer: (Seemingly satisfied apart from the broken rear light cover.) 'Alright! That's enough! I suggest you put some red lipstick on that bulb and get it repaired today. You can go... but if anyone else should manage to stop you again, we haven't seen you... and we're not really sure if me have!'

Had they lifted the bonnet they'd have understood! Almost the whole engine compartment was taken up by a Jaguar engine. That courtesy of an ex boyfriend who offered to replace the original engine when that began to give problems at 135,000 miles.

On that occasion, no, I did not even get a request to produce my documents! (How times have changed. :D ) However, because I regularly drove home during the early hours from work, I was frequently and routinely stopped and most weeks asked to produce my documents. The desk officers all got to know me well, and I was often greeted with 'Not you again?' That before the engine change, and to the point where they rarely bothered to look closely at my documents, and probably thought they knew them off by heart.

Alas, and understandably, poor Nellie shook apart not long after that 'bicycle doing 110' incident and during an 18 - 30 group's impromptu car rally. We live and learn. :lol:

Last edited:

gazzer

Reaction score
Had a W123 240TD for nearly ten years, clocked up 250,000miles on the original motor but it did look a bit tired in the end. As it was a 7 seater we used it for the monthly lads at work, night out, transport so it earned the "Beirut Taxi" tag. The holes around the bodywork added to the illusion!

Mr Teddy Bear

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 W208 CLK 230K SPORT: MG F 1.8VVC: Flame Red Rover 216GTi
Cars & Women

I bought my 230CLK Sport Komp' because of the quality, the driving position is
perfect and every thing falls to hand. The positive feel to all the switch gear is a joy to the senses. Unlike a Vectra, that's like stirring porridge using a plastic straw. I was in the market for a safe vehicle with a luxury leather interior, air-con and a sunroof too. The Golf VR6 4Motion had left me disappointed (just like most blind dates), a test drive on my own following the
same route as previously driven in a Mondeo 2.0l Auto showed just how good a automatic can be when married to the right engine.
As to who does my car remind me of? well I'd say a tall very elegant well dressed Lady with just a touch of the Jennifer Lopez look from her rear aspect. Beautiful, genteel and graceful for most of the time, yet with the ability when necessary (rather like that euro-vision pop group) to rip off her
skirt. open her legs and shoe the opposition a clean pair of heels.
This of course means spending a lot more money on her...................:D :D

Happy CLK Owner.

johnboy615

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 c220 Coupe
The "wags" at work have taken to calling my SEC "snooker table." It's green, with all green interior and it's about the right size and shape! Anyone know if MB sell 6 pockets to complete the illusion????

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Many, many, years ago, and during a rather wild youth, I had a Morris 1000 Traveller with the registration number 747 - I called her Nellie. The police in that area knew her well and called her the 'Jumbo Jet'. At least, they were inclined to ask if it was one?

Rattling along a dual carriageway and heading home in the early hours of one morning, I was pulled over by a patrol car and the conversation went something like this...

1st Police Officer: 'Is this your vehicle, madam?'

Me: 'Yes, officer.'

1st Police Officer: 'Can you tell me its registration number?'

Me: 'Yes - YWP 747.'

2nd Police Officer: 'Jumbo jet, is it? Are you aware that you look like a bicycle doing 110?'

Me: (Stunned silence at the 110 bit!) 'Sorry, officer; someone hit the rear sidelight cover and broke it last evening, but I will replace it as soon as the local garage opens.'

1st Police Officer commences checks of tax, tyres etc.

2nd Police Officer: 'Perhaps you'd like to tell me what you have under the bonnet?'

Me: 'Er... a battery... a radiator... a fan belt... a dipstick... er...'

1st Police Officer: (Seemingly satisfied apart from the broken rear light cover.) 'Alright! That's enough! I suggest you put some red lipstick on that bulb and get it repaired today. You can go... but if anyone else should manage to stop you again, we haven't seen you... and we're not really sure if me have!'

Had they lifted the bonnet they'd have understood! Almost the whole engine compartment was taken up by a Jaguar engine. That courtesy of an ex boyfriend who offered to replace the original engine when that began to give problems at 135,000 miles.

On that occasion, no, I did not even get a request to produce my documents! (How times have changed. :D ) However, because I regularly drove home during the early hours from work, I was frequently and routinely stopped and most weeks asked to produce my documents. The desk officers all got to know me well, and I was often greeted with 'Not you again?' That before the engine change, and to the point where they rarely bothered to look closely at my documents, and probably thought they knew them off by heart.

Alas, and understandably, poor Nellie shook apart not long after that 'bicycle doing 110' incident and during an 18 - 30 group's impromptu car rally. We live and learn. :lol:

Did enjoy reading this post, the JAG engine must have been poking through the firewall a tad. By the way was it the South Glamorgan Police force on the main road between Cardiff and Bridgend ?:)

Thex

Reaction score
Website
www.tjphoto.co.uk
The kids have christened our C180 Auto Elegance, "Ellie".

Its a good name.

She starts with a whisper, is comfortable, and stylist without being flash.

She purrs on the motorway, gently alerts me if I leave the handbrake on when starting off, and so far has been 100% reliable.

I think its love!!! :)

THEX:cool:

S

steround

My C200 is called Sadie.

Like Patsy Kensit in Emmerdale.......she costs a fortune to maintain.....

geoff50

Reaction score
Just bought my first merc.300TE.Guys at work call it a Panza tank.Cant think why though.

mattjb

Reaction score
the"Devil":(, as its got ***666 the bottom of the reg, an of course for the way the ****** thing goes round corners with dodgy rear tires on in the wet:D

mattjb

Reaction score
myC180 the"Devil":(, as its got ***666 the bottom of the reg, an of course for the way the ****** thing goes round corners with dodgy rear tires on in the wet:D

lexington013

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 CLK 230 kompressor Avantgarde 6 speed manual with loads of factory options!
Bought my C180 with a private plate which the previous owner left on - call it "Arnie" as its built like a brick ####house and the plate is A15RNY !!!

MarkwithaMerc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1964 S Type Jaguar, 2001 E240 Estate
Good name i got from a fellow-subscriber for our fab 2001 E240 estate is 'The barge'! A bit unfair but it could easily carry coals to or from Newcastle-by the CWT bag!

ChrisH2O

Reaction score
The Merc is called Ray, after the guy I bought it off, who's a good chap (until something else goes wrong...)
My VW Golf MK2 was called a variety of things, including Casanova (the reg was CNV) and Hans.
My first car (Citroen 2cv) was called Desmond as the reg ended in TTU..

What a emotional bunch eh? :D

Gangsta Bennie

Reaction score
Website
www.hollywoodforever.co.uk
Aint got a name for the Merc yet, but, my last few have been . . .

Range Rover was Olly after Oliver Reed, big, loud, loved to have a drink and consequently wallowed all over the place

Daimler was Frankie after Frank Sinatra, also liked to drink but as a lot smoother

Astra was Nobby, middle bit of it's reg was N08B

Focus was Le Mosh same plate related tale as above . .LM05H

philwyard

Reaction score
nicknames - they're only jealous

I bought a 1992 burgundy 190e with a cream interior.
My wife calls it the boat, because of the steering wheel. other names are the pimpmobile and the beast ;)

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom