Wow service quote!

Funkyboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 w212 14 plate
Just had quote off Mercedes for next service £488. Asked what that included and was told 'full service' asked what that actually included so the girl read through a list which turned out to be an oil and filter change and brake fluid change. Rest was visual checks. Think I'll be doing it myself now car is 6 yrs old.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Just had quote off Mercedes for next service £488. Asked what that included and was told 'full service' asked what that actually included so the girl read through a list which turned out to be an oil and filter change and brake fluid change. Rest was visual checks. Think I'll be doing it myself now car is 6 yrs old.

An Indy would be half of that cost. I am not sure that you need to go to an MB Stealer anyway with a six year old :rolleyes::)

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone

Barefaced robbers!
I do mine myself for the self same reason. You will have the added benefit of knowing it’s done to your satisfaction too and at a quarter of the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Basically with 6yr old car dealer dont want to see you,unless in market to become a canary AGAIN .!

OP
F

Funkyboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 w212 14 plate
Basically with 6yr old car dealer dont want to see you,unless in market to become a canary AGAIN .!
It was more to find out what was due on the service

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Ok. But I stay away from dealers now my newest of three is a 14 plate.so they have little interest in me if I came into 50k I still would not buy another modern benz, today they are just a down payment on a future of inflated costs,and tech headaches. I understand some will not agree but thats my view.

bertb1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 amp sport 2013
A good Indy will be able to tell you what service is required as they have access to online information

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Barefaced robbers!
I do mine myself for the self same reason. You will have the added benefit of knowing it’s done to your satisfaction too and at a quarter of the price.

I cannot be ar$$ed to muck around in/under the car. I checked the price of my next two services at MB and decided on a 3 year contract (with a discount for up front payment) for just over what my next service is going to cost (at their prices). So 3 services (overcharged) for the price of one - I'm quite happy not to have to do it myself.

Life is too short for greasy hands.:)

Monday

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL400 2016, CLS350 2020
I've said this in another thread a year or so ago to general derision and disbelief - some MB dealers (in my case Sandown) offer a discount on both labour (typ 40%) and parts (typ 10%) for older MB's. I would have said that 6 years old was coming into that category.
And no, I am not talking about the "value service" but full scheduled work with the discount applied at the end. On the same basis I got my SL MOT'd at Sandown last week for £30.
Worth asking!

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .

Do it yourself is the future. Buy 20 litre bag in box mb oil and a filter . My quote for an oil and filter change is £311. I was very tempted by these extra item prices too.

Additional Repair items:

• Replace Front Discs + Pads £495.96
  • Replace Front Pads £231.34
  • Replace Front Wiper Blades £57.19
  • Replace Rear Discs + Pads £454.38
  • Replace Rear Pads £215.87
Rear pads £215.87 now wtf is all that about . Lol.

bertb1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 amp sport 2013
Haha what a joke
£1500 for new disc and pads
Sorry and new wiper blade

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If yr loaded go for it if not just have to buy what yr able to look after yrself. Which today, rules out most modern benz, and it engineered to be that way.frankly dealer service costs must be near out of sensible consideration for many now.I will be gutted when I get mugged into nox sensors,frankly I will try to shift ml on before that ,I regard the whole thing as a slippery slope today.

robin.large

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS C63 AMG 2013
I posted elsewhere but servicing isn't an impossible job by any means. The service list is easy to get hold of. I've attached the model year 2013 list which I'm working to for my CLS.
For me - I spent £600 and some of that was on tools.
I needed a brake fluid pressure bottle and a set of drain plug spanners, also a new set of torx bits.
Pads front and rear,
Brake fluid for full flush.
Engine Oil and filter,
Plugs X 8,
Gearbox oil & filter & screws
Diff.oil, new plug and seal
Air filters X 2
Cabin Air filter
New screws for undertrays

(I already had iCarSoft to do the ABS brake bleed)

Fair enough, it took me longer than MB dealer! And I used occasional bad language. (Passenger side rear spark plug on the 5.5 is a real bitch!) View attachment MY13_Maintenance_Booklet.pdf

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I cannot be ar$$ed to muck around in/under the car. I checked the price of my next two services at MB and decided on a 3 year contract (with a discount for up front payment) for just over what my next service is going to cost (at their prices). So 3 services (overcharged) for the price of one - I'm quite happy not to have to do it myself.

You sound like the kind of owner that Mercedes loves ;)

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Additional Repair items:

• Replace Front Discs + Pads £495.96
  • Replace Front Pads £231.34
  • Replace Front Wiper Blades £57.19
  • Replace Rear Discs + Pads £454.38
  • Replace Rear Pads £215.87
I'm curious why they quoted discs + pads then also pads on their own? Presumably giving you the choice...but if they thought discs were needing replaced then pads should be done at same time.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.

Yep I got 2 services with the same discount. :)
I couldnt be bothered with doing it myself either.....but then I keep buying new cars so its not even an option. :D

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300

Just looked at the 3 years contract for my 212 E350CDI, £1200 or £400PA. Thats for two B services, one A service, & a gearbox oil change. Looks reasonable.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone

As far as I'm concerned it's all part of the ownership experience, getting to know your car and maintaining it, all part of the fun. Plus it costs me a fraction of what MB charge and being a tight wad Scotsman that suits me just fine. :D ;)

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Just looked at the 3 years contract for my 212 E350CDI, £1200 or £400PA. Thats for two B services, one A service, & a gearbox oil change. Looks reasonable.

Is that including the 20% discount on offer or is that offer over.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom