1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenon Headlight Problem W202 1999

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by IRD, Nov 29, 2012.

1. IRD

IRD Guest

Hi everyone. I'm new to Xenon headlights and have been reading the posts to get an understanding. I have a problem with my N/S headlight (1999 C200 W202). I changed the bulb but it didn't cure the prob. I now realise it's either an Ingiter or Ballast problem but I don't know how to tell. I'm puzzeled because the main beam works, but not the dipped beam. Does this indicate a problem with the Igniter or Ballast? Any help greatly appreciated.

2. EmilysDad

EmilysDad Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    ML350
    Hi
    Try swapping parts with the near side & see if your fault moves with it.
    I'm not up on your specific car, but not all cars have 'bi-xenons', some have HIDs/xenons for the dipped beam & a 'normal' tungsten lamp in the main beam.

3. OP
    IRD

IRD Guest

Thanks for the suggestion. I'd already thought of that but to get to the parts requires not only taking the headlights out, but appears to require dismantling them. I was hoping someone could give me a clue to save doing this. But I appreciate the advice.