Xenon Headlight Problem W202 1999

I

IRD

Hi everyone. I'm new to Xenon headlights and have been reading the posts to get an understanding. I have a problem with my N/S headlight (1999 C200 W202). I changed the bulb but it didn't cure the prob. I now realise it's either an Ingiter or Ballast problem but I don't know how to tell. I'm puzzeled because the main beam works, but not the dipped beam. Does this indicate a problem with the Igniter or Ballast? Any help greatly appreciated.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Hi everyone. I'm new to Xenon headlights and have been reading the posts to get an understanding. I have a problem with my N/S headlight (1999 C200 W202). I changed the bulb but it didn't cure the prob. I now realise it's either an Ingiter or Ballast problem but I don't know how to tell. I'm puzzeled because the main beam works, but not the dipped beam. Does this indicate a problem with the Igniter or Ballast? Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi
Try swapping parts with the near side & see if your fault moves with it.
I'm not up on your specific car, but not all cars have 'bi-xenons', some have HIDs/xenons for the dipped beam & a 'normal' tungsten lamp in the main beam.

OP
I

IRD

Thanks for the suggestion. I'd already thought of that but to get to the parts requires not only taking the headlights out, but appears to require dismantling them. I was hoping someone could give me a clue to save doing this. But I appreciate the advice.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom