philharve

Reaction score
Website
go.to
Your Mercedes
W202 C230K Auto 2000
Fly poo

Hi All

I watched a winged insect relieve itself on my car bonnet today. It left a pale yellow deposit on my paintwork.

I had already read this thread and this incident brought it back to me.

I wouldn't have given this incident a second thought except for the insect which I didn't recognise.

The deposit was easy to remove because I acted quickly. If I'd left it to solidify, removal may have been more difficult.

REGARDS

Phil

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi All

I watched a winged insect relieve itself on my car bonnet today. It left a pale yellow deposit on my paintwork.

I wouldn't have given this incident a second thought except for the insect which I didn't recognise.

The deposit was easy to remove because I acted quickly. If I'd left it to solidify, removal may have been more difficult.

REGARDS

Phil

Would you like to borrow my Gas air riffle

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
Solution!

Hi All

REGARDS

Phil

Leave a loo roll attached to the wiper (or even better on the star if you have one) so that they can clear their own mess up - it's easy.

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
this happens to my car in the works car park

and it is definitely bee poo, rich in pollen and other nutrients. Tar remover gets it off ok. Perhaps I should chisel it off and sell it as a health food?

" Mercedes Bee-Poo, the best from the best" or something snappy like that.
Alternative, buy a bee-poo coloured car, less noticeable on that

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
Perhaps I should chisel it off and sell it as a health food?

" Mercedes Bee-Poo, the best from the best" or something snappy like that.

Sounds much more higher class than Ford Bee-Poo, or SSangyong Bee-Poo. I'd buy some.

Oh, I forgot, I already have some. I'll try it later. :confused:

OP
whitenemesis

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
and it is definitely bee poo, rich in pollen and other nutrients. Tar remover gets it off ok. Perhaps I should chisel it off and sell it as a health food?

Meths is quicker and no rubbing! :)

gordofski

Reaction score
Website
www.dreamsdocometrue.co.uk
I am suffering too from this problem, I never park near trees, but where i work is in the countryside, It sounds exactly the same symtoms, and i have come to the conclusion it is fly s**T, and yes, when the sun has been on it, it is a bugger to remove, I just wash the car and keep going over it again later, it does come off in time.:D
fly s**t was always black in our area:confused:it is without doubt pollen:D

philharve

Reaction score
Website
go.to
Your Mercedes
W202 C230K Auto 2000
Would you like to borrow my Gas air riffle

Hi Malcolm

How would this help? Just bought a Karcher steam cleaner and its still sitting in its box. I wonder if steam would work on stubborn pollen crap?

Bee poo? No, it definitely wasn't a bee on my bonnet. It was more like a giant ant with wings and long antennae. I drove faster hoping the insect would be blown off by the force of the moving air but it hung on for dear life and did its business.

Went to move my car nearer to my home today and there's an outbreak of pale yellow spots on the bodywork just beyond the end of each bumper. The horizontal surfaces: roof bonnet and boot are unmarked. Curious.

REGARDS

Phil

philharve

Reaction score
Website
go.to
Your Mercedes
W202 C230K Auto 2000
Leave a loo roll attached to the wiper (or even better on the star if you have one) so that they can clear their own mess up - it's easy.

Hi Helen

I get the feeling you are not taking this issue seriously. I don't know were you'd get a loo roll small enough.

REGARDS

Phil

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Helen

I get the feeling you are not taking this issue seriously. I don't know were you'd get a loo roll small enough.

REGARDS

Phil

Phil, how can you say such a thing? Charmin do a lovely range.;)

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
My wife used to have a similar problem, but with brake "dust" from a train track running next to her company car park.

The only effective method was to polish the car with AutoGlym Resin polish, scraping the particles from the paint with her finger nail and then once several layers had built up sealing it with the AutoGlym Super Resin Sealer.

She found that a few coats of that and washing every week kept the deposits at bay. Plus the polish made it a lot easier to remove any new ones. It was then a case of topping up the polish every couple of months.

philharve

Reaction score
Website
go.to
Your Mercedes
W202 C230K Auto 2000
Mosquito

Hi All

I have identified the flying insect that did its business on my bonnet. It was a mosquito. Apparently they are becoming quite common in some parts of Britain.

REGARDS

Phil

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
I use 100% carnauba wax on all my mercs and I think this attracts the bugs, I thinks its bug puke!!!!! but when washing I give it a rinse first to get the car wet and then spong and these spots just wipe off, could it be the wax doesnt allow the puke to stick !!!!!

Carnauba is a wax derived from the leaves of a plant native to northeastern Brazil, the carnauba palm (Copernicia prunifera). It is known as "queen of waxes" and usually comes in the form of hard yellow-brown flakes. It is obtained from the leaves of the carnauba palm by collecting them, beating them to loosen the wax, then refining and bleaching the wax.

jib

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
shouldn't that be nuclear fallout:confused:

having seen this first hand, and still seeing the devastation today its no laughing matter:mad:

I don't think that I ever said it was. :confused:

OP
whitenemesis

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Get a grip!!!!

The OP was yellow spots from pollen/insects/trees...

Easily sorted with a dab of meths

How did we get onto nuc fall out?

Top Bottom