What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Terrible day again:D, might need suncream if this continues.

0755E9D0-B9E7-4A8D-901B-5322A4375DA4.jpeg

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Central South Coast. (Previously Out of Africa).
Your Mercedes
2001 W208 CLK320 182U ALMANDINE-BLACK METALLIC
Was a bit bored so decided to give the old barge a bit of a clean.... And couldn't resist taking a snap or three.

Yes, boring I know - tell me about it...!! :rolleyes:

aSWO0Y2.jpg

VZYWy15.jpg

l9qF1np.jpg

That Autoglym UHD Shampoo works a treat! Just a wash and dry.

jp williams

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 E class 2.2 cdi auto estate, Lexus GS 450h
Just arrived in Andalucia, via Normandie, Paris, Orleans, Clermont Ferrand, Garabit, Millau, Barcelona,Valencia and Granada.
36 hours driving over 1839 miles, 4 days @51mph and 53mpg and now reading 236505 miles.
No problems with the old W210 and no incidents to report.

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 350cdi (C218) 2012 / OM642
Washed it and used my new spot free water filter to rinse it - wish I'd bought one years ago!

Polish and seal tomorrow!

Sounds good, got a link to the filter you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Just arrived in Andalucia, via Normandie, Paris, Orleans, Clermont Ferrand, Garabit, Millau, Barcelona,Valencia and Granada.
36 hours driving over 1839 miles, 4 days @51mph and 53mpg and now reading 236505 miles.
No problems with the old W210 and no incidents to report.
Well played Sir , I'm guessing the 51mph means not using autoroutes ? Even Mrs Wighty who loves a road trip was jealous , especially as she recognises most of those place names from previous trips .

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Was a bit bored so decided to give the old barge a bit of a clean.... And couldn't resist taking a snap or three.

aSWO0Y2.jpg

VZYWy15.jpg

l9qF1np.jpg

That has come up really well buddy , good job !

jp williams

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 E class 2.2 cdi auto estate, Lexus GS 450h
Well played Sir , I'm guessing the 51mph means not using autoroutes ? Even Mrs Wighty who loves a road trip was jealous , especially as she recognises most of those place names from previous trips .

I did use mainly Autoroutes on which I cruised at 75mph,but the slow traffic on the other roads and miles of roadworks took their toll I`m afraid.

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It is the unit from Raceglaze
View attachment 49289

Nice! Will check it out, Zero PPM is one hell of a claim. Sadly the bodywork on my w203 was too far gone when I bought it to warrant such extravagance but can consider for my next upgrade which will have better bodywork.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Nice! Will check it out, Zero PPM is one hell of a claim. Sadly the bodywork on my w203 was too far gone when I bought it to warrant such extravagance but can consider for my next upgrade which will have better bodywork.

Yep zero PPM is not a problem with the correct resin. They are fairly popular (I have a tester as well cost a few quid) - bit of an extravagance. I hated chasing my tail trying to get the car washed and dried so that there were no watermarks.....It is more about convenience for me but, if you are not feeling the love for the appearance then buying a filter is no point.

I've just had a look at the glass on my car and there are no marks at all.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.

aSWO0Y2.jpg

VZYWy15.jpg

l9qF1np.jpg

Looks good. I use Carlack (68 and then 'long life')- bit more work (than yours) but in 2 years I've only done it about 3 x & it does seem to last.

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
...It is more about convenience for me but, if you are not feeling the love for the appearance then buying a filter is no point.
I've just had a look at the glass on my car and there are no marks at all.

Oh contraire, I completely agree with you and it is worth the convenience and result, and I do have the love for the appearance but I was just of the mind that to get the body work (and wheels) and interior up to the standard I would like would be far more than the car is worth and certainly not worth trying to maintain the a very high level. I bought a bit of a pup (some rust spots/bubbling and badly repaired collision damage), it is my first merc so I did buy it with rose tinted glasses on. I am still debating whether it is worth doing some of the body work as I want it to look the part, but I would need to replace the alloys too.

CrustyClam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63 2007
It is the unit from Raceglaze
View attachment 49289

Used to keep reef tanks and make RO water, loads of DI resin as last stage filtration. Great for cleaning windows, if I was still doing it now I'd use it for cleaning the car. Used to make 100 litres of water for a few quid. Would be great in summer, darn those water spots

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to keep reef tanks and make RO water, loads of DI resin as last stage filtration. Great for cleaning windows, if I was still doing it now I'd use it for cleaning the car. Used to make 100 litres of water for a few quid. Would be great in summer, darn those water spots

*Jealous* At this point I might get one just for the wine and Whisky glasses ;)

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone

aSWO0Y2.jpg

VZYWy15.jpg

l9qF1np.jpg

I love the wheels on your car sir. Especially the rear ones the deep dish is so sexy!

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Not as cheap nowadays. Depends on water hardness (Yorkshire water only measure calcites and claims 110ppm my meter says 350ppm). Time will tell.

Last edited:

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0

aSWO0Y2.jpg

VZYWy15.jpg

l9qF1np.jpg

Shiny! I love that colour.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom