Help! Mercedes technicians still not fixed car!

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
Tried to plug into lynseys car this aft , it was having none of MB2 , tried everything variations of model etc , no comms at all , , very odd and disappointing

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Tried to plug into lynseys car this aft , it was having none of MB2 , tried everything variations of model etc , no comms at all , , very odd and disappointing
Might be a daft question, but is the OBD2 socket connected properly?

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Let’s hope she gets it’s all sorted soon.

OP
L

Lynsey Taggart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class 2013 1.6
Much appreciated Simon meeting hubby today -was very kind of you

Terry has explained to me that the problem from the outset was as follows. He believes that the Turbo went as it had been explained to him That this would happen due to him over toping up with oil. 3 months later after over topping up he made the assumption that the turbo had gone. “ but as suggested this is questionable as there was no White smoke, however, a loss of top end power And loss of momentum when going up hills . My husband carried on as normal as top end power was not an issue A couple of months And many miles later, the brake pedal went solid, he drove home very slow and then the following morning took it to the garage, from there we had the engine replaced due to the oil being sucked through the turbo into the air pressure duct Causing the engine to fail‍♀️ however, the problem which has seen it go back in several times is that when travelling distance (Around 20miles) the engine light comes on and the car judders as if in the wrong gear or like when you jump into a manual having driven an automatic for a while and you forget to change down when approaching a junction. Simon kindly suggested that we have a diagnostic done on a different machine as he mentioned his MB2 couldn’t pick it up. Terry has forgotten the name That Simon suggested, but for peace of mind i think it would be a good idea to have tested. It’s very strange it’s intermittent????

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Might be a daft question, but is the OBD2 socket connected properly?
Have you seen that before pal ? I never thought to check but why would you , i mean sure ive had askward plug ins before where MY cross over but never a " no comms at all " its very very strange

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ive never known a petrol turbo car blow its turbo without creating a smoke screen , if this issue is something any of our indys have come across then please share your experience

Mark A

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
58 ML-320CDI.
Is the diagnostic port not protected by a fuse ??

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Have you seen that before pal ? I never thought to check but why would you , i mean sure ive had askward plug ins before where MY cross over but never a " no comms at all " its very very strange
Yep, our 211 had the port Unclipped from the bottom of the dash. Also I’ve never yet seen an OBD refuse to communicate in any way. Something isn’t adding up here.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ive never known a petrol turbo car blow its turbo without creating a smoke screen , if this issue is something any of our indys have come across then please share your experience
Me neither, a dirty thick smokescreen usually. Plus it wouldn’t just be top end power loss but 40-50% across the range.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Fried front SAM can lead to no coms on the ODB port, may also explain the intermittent issues
Thank you Matty- that may well be it. Is the front SAM where the central gateway is routed via?

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yep, our 211 had the port Unclipped from the bottom of the dash. Also I’ve never yet seen an OBD refuse to communicate in any way. Something isn’t adding up here.
it defo isn't pal , he said yesterday that the very first time the issue occurred , he lost brakes but the engine ran perfect ! I know Audi's have a tandem pump that is hooked into the brake system and when the turbo fails it takes the brake servo out so you lose them , id love to have got my hands on the car right from the start , I recommend that take it to get a STAR session performed

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
it defo isn't pal , he said yesterday that the very first time the issue occurred , he lost brakes but the engine ran perfect ! I know Audi's have a tandem pump that is hooked into the brake system and when the turbo fails it takes the brake servo out so you lose them , id love to have got my hands on the car right from the start , I recommend that take it to get a STAR session performed
Very nice thing to go and help pal , good job :D

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
didn't really do anything as car wouldn't let me scan it but was good to get more info on the initial fault pal

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
didn't really do anything as car wouldn't let me scan it but was good to get more info on the initial fault pal
Speaks volumes that you went out of your way to help btw. Good drills buddy.

OP
L

Lynsey Taggart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class 2013 1.6
Hi guys thanks so much for all your advice - I’ve spoken direct with Mercedes in hull (nice guy Steve) explained everything and that I’ve been on this forum etc... offered to do the Star diagnostics for £100 (instead of £116) and if there is anything to do this will come of the cost of any repairs - which I think is fair - he’s Also got us a courtesy car which we need to get to work - if Mercedes can’t diagnose the problem then We are in trouble! It’s going in Thursday so will update you on what they come back with - thanks again

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom