Any F1 fans

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
I really thought Max was going to win that but its never over till the chequered flag...and even then sometimes it's not.
It definitely seems that Mercedes does not have the fastest car anymore.
Thinking ahead and if this continues all season and Lewis still manages to win the title where will this leave the haters...because the "fastest car" excuse is all they have had to continually bleat on about.

On a different subject has anybody noticed David Coulthard's hair has suddenly turned completely grey? :D

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
People need to stop saying F1 is boring. :rolleyes:
What an awesome event filled race, and a well deserved driver of the day too I thought. :D

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
People need to stop saying F1 is boring. :rolleyes:
What an awesome event filled race, and a well deserved driver of the day too I thought. :D

F1 is boring, I had watched it for many years and arranged my family life around it. It was about ten years ago when I completely lost interest in it when the regs were buggered about with to it's detriment and in my mind became extremely boring. Still watch BTCC and Aussie V8's though :)

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Used to love watching it in the days of Jim Richards and Peter Brock.

They were THE days of Bathurst. A better mix of manufacturers too :)

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Couldn't help laughing when Steve Jones was asking Toto what he thought about Russell slapping Bottas on the helmet. The ever diplomatic Toto said "I didn't see that" so Steve told him it definitely happened...to which Toto replied "and the other one gave a finger I think". :p

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
I enjoyed the race even though Lewis didn't win (yup, I'm a fan!)
Lots of stuff going on for a track that's hard to pass on. The wet added another dimension too.

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
I think what happened to Hamilton and coming back from 9th it definitely is only going to be a 2 horse race with whoever makes a mistake on track or pits the other will win.

Marty Y

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 230 komp convertible w208
I really enjoyed it, It's unpredictable last time Mercedes didn't seem to have the pace in the car but won through great strategy and a mistake from Max.

This time Mercedes seemed to have the best race pace and enough speed to put it on pole but Lewis made a very uncharacteristic mistake and Max capitalised.

Full credit to Lewis for being so cool after his mistake, he calmly reversed out apologised to the team and then after the restart he cut through his competitors like a hot knife through butter to get back to second.

The red flag couldn’t have happened at a better time for him, it's the first time I can recall a F1 driver having to use reverse gear and still finishing second lol.

Shame about Bottas, I don't think he was to blame for the crash. It was just a racing incident imo, I think Russell made himself look like a dick for his reaction afterwards.

It's been a brilliant season so far and we've only had two races, I hope it's this exciting all season and obviously I hope Mercedes win another double!

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
I'd agree that it was a racing incident.
From inside Bottas' cockpit it looked as if he was following the dry line with a kink in the track.
To Russell it would have appeared that Bottas pulled right, but the factors in play are that its a narrow track and the width of the dry portion was barely over a car wide.
I expect that most people would lash out with the surge of adrenalin and frustration at crashing at 200mph.
In reality a lack of experience is an issue here. I think that it's why a lot of older drivers appear to be slower, more because they know what can go wrong and so don't necessarily take the risk.
Modern tracks have become so safe, which is a good thing, that risks can be taken without any major consequences.
Its why abuse of track limits become an issue ion some tracks.
With all of the modern technology and car telemetry in use in F1, its surely not beyond the realms of possibility to impose a 5 second power reduction penalty on cars for leaving the track.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
As I wait to watch the recorded highlights of the qualifying (I'm having a few beers and waiting on my calzone delivery), I'm wondering how many people here buy official Mercedes F1 clothing?
I am the typical sucker because I buy new clothing every year. I suppose it is similar to football (I have absolutely no interest in football) in that they make subtle changes every year to justify a new purchase often at a higher price.
I currently have the 2021 Polo and t shirts both in black...with an extensive back catalogue that I no longer wear. :(

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
As I wait to watch the recorded highlights of the qualifying (I'm having a few beers and waiting on my calzone delivery), I'm wondering how many people here buy official Mercedes F1 clothing?
I am the typical sucker because I buy new clothing every year. I suppose it is similar to football (I have absolutely no interest in football) in that they make subtle changes every year to justify a new purchase often at a higher price.
I currently have the 2021 Polo and t shirts both in black...with an extensive back catalogue that I no longer wear. :(
I have a 2018 white T Shirt that will probably last me until 2030!

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have a 2018 white T Shirt that will probably last me until 2030!
I have a 2018 white t shirt also, and that was the last time I wore it when I owned a Honda/Audi ( with combined total of 630 PS).
I switched to black only after that because it flatters the figure more ie. you don't look quite so fat. :oops:

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Lewis misses out on a monumental 100 pole positions by less time than the blink of an eye. o_O
Mercedes seem to be slightly faster than Red Bull this week though, so looking positive for tomorrow. :)

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
At one time I thought Lando would be in 3rd position, he is looking promising this season.

Mercedes SL500 R231

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom