Search results

1. Inglewood

R129 wiper bolt caps

Sadly yes still not sorted and with all the work done in the car since we last met it a tiny tiny thing to replace but my eye keeps falling to it . Will try a few known MB parts places as I have no idea which Volvo wiper arm to look at (poss a early V70)
  2. Inglewood

R129 wiper bolt caps

Sad but true
  3. Inglewood

R129 wiper bolt caps

Hi, I am looking for a pair ideally but one could do of the black plastic wiper bolt caps for my 1998 SL. MB & The SL Shop have said they are not now available but another wiper cap which is similar is available part no A1298240049 which I have already tried and it’s too big sadly. Does anyone...
  4. Inglewood

Time for a new R129 soft top

Too much time on my hands I guess
  5. Inglewood

Time for a new R129 soft top

Hi everyone, just wanted to check in and see what the latest thoughts are on where is best to find a new mohair soft top for my R129? Preferably in the South East and looking for a full fitting on a top quality new roof (inc any little bits of the surrounding trim that might need replacing). I...
  6. Inglewood

Unleaded vs Super Unleaded for my R129?

I guess this is an old discussion point but wanted to get the latest thoughts & opinions for this old chestnut - could Super Unleaded be any better for my SL500 (1998) than Regular Unleaded. Would mileage of the car make any difference? Thank you and Happy New Year to all the members
  7. Inglewood

R129 headlight wiper black caps

Thank you, I might have to try a few Volvo V70’s for size
  8. Inglewood

R129 headlight wiper black caps

Did MB fit different headlight wiper arms to their SL’s - the black plastic cap which covers the nut at the front of the wiper arm is missing. I bought an original new replacement pair from MB but they fit a different arm. Did MB ever use maybe a Volvo wiper arm? I have a pair of non fitting...
  9. Inglewood

R129 headlight wiper blade black cap

At great expense I have bought 2 black flip up small caps which cover the nut which holds the headlight wiper arm in place - I can’t seem to fathom out how to attach / clip the news ones in place? Must be a numpty here as surely it shouldn’t be too hard (please) to put the new black caps on...
  10. Inglewood

R129 squeezes through its MOT

Sorry I meant M119 engine
  11. Inglewood

R129 squeezes through its MOT

Learning a lot today and wanted to share my info - my SL500 just got past its MOT as its emissions were quite wobbly and kept reading too high. I 100% trust the special MB place I take my car and the intel I get from them. So - the 2 catalytic converters look below par and might not be up to the...
  12. Inglewood

R129 - Crank Sensor replacement

Pretty sure it’s the 119 engine (S706 BGT)
  13. Inglewood

R129 - Crank Sensor replacement

Apart from a main MB service site any suggestions where Is the best place to find a Crank Sensor to replace my R129’s before a possible hot starting issue / engine idle fluctuations or worse still an engine cut out? Is it a straightforward job for my mechanic to fit (SL goes in for its MOT next...
  14. Inglewood

R129 fuse layout - before I search everywhere

You’re being a great help and thank you for everything so far. One day I might get to know close to what others on the MB Owners site about their own SL R129 and I could help other newbie R129 owners with what I now know etc. Will run her now for a few weeks before Beaulieu and hopefully things...
  15. Inglewood

Thank you - it’s not illuminated at night when the lights are on, the LED display is working fine and in fact it’s a new head unit from 12 months ago so thinking it’s the voltage to the very small orange bulb light at the back of the unit I guess?
  16. Inglewood

Electrics update - 75% fixed hopefully, main problem was a poor earth on front side headlight which blew a fuse or 2 (might need to look for a new headlight as the wiring is ok now but......). Final fix - need to find the wiring diagram for the AC head unit as just behind it the illumination...
  17. Inglewood

Had a manic work day so the SL has had to wait but hopefully I can get to it tomorrow and start the investigations - weirdly I have had 3 different bulbs go in the last week plus a diagnosis of a rewire needed on the front sidelight as the plastic covering of the bulb connector has become...
  18. Inglewood

Thank you that is really helpful and I have work today on the old girl to fix the electrics (the cable for the 3rd brake light might need more professional skills than I currently have). I owe you a drink when we meet up at Beaulieu 23rd August
  19. Inglewood

Never so far had to locate and change a fuse on my SL500 but tonight - 1:No illumination lights in dash / central console 2: drivers rear tail light 3: 3rd brake light boot mounted where should I start please?

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom