Search results

1. Bogus

leather conditioner

MB Tex, aka vinyl, aka fake leather. Or if you like, just plastic
  2. Bogus

scan tool

I have an Autophix 7910 , for my BMW, its BMW and mini specific, but of course will do generic codes on most vehicles. Bought from Ali express. I think its probably an Autel clone, but it has loads of functions, and even does things like new battery registration. I see its on Amazon for about...
  3. Bogus

New Member - Opinion Needed Please

the shooting brake was originally a type of horse-drawn vehicle. A brake was originally a heavy drag chassis with slowing capability hooked to spirited horses;
  4. Bogus

What tyres?

My 124 had always had 205/65/15 tyres. Not long before I sorned it for a couple of years I put some cheap ditchfinders on, but its off SORN now and im using it regularly so I want to put some decent tyres back on without spending too much. Im thinking of going stock, which I believe is 195/65/15...
  5. Bogus

BONNET INSULATION

Me too. it does say on the tin “ temperature stable to 120 degC”. But I did mine about a year ago and its all holding find so far.
  6. Bogus

ML270 Air Conditioning

Would it not be better to get it checked first, so that the leakage can be identified, prior to randomly changing parts ?
  7. Bogus

Dilemma

Good news, your gumtree experience was better than mine. I did get a sale at a sensible price, but not without the nutters first, you were lucky to get the honest buyer before the nutters appeared.
  8. Bogus

Dilemma

Gumtree is fine as long as you are prepared to tolerate loads of dumb questions and outright chancers. I sold my SAAB on gumtree, but jeez I had to put up with some stupidity en route. One guy asked 3 times if the DMF was ok despite the fact it was clearly advertised as an auto, and my answer...
  9. Bogus

1992 W124 new owner

Welcome from another 124 owner, also a 92
  10. Bogus

Mercedes Servicing and Exclusions

I change my brake fluid every 2 years regardless, but thats because I once got “stung” by a failure to even think about it. In the early 90s I had a BMW 325 on which I lost braking completely on one front wheel. it was diagnosed as a fault with the ABS unit with eyewatering costs to replace. I...
  11. Bogus

Private plates

Yes thats so close to the truth
  12. Bogus

Private plates

I dont see owning a merc as vanity any more than owning any other car. polishing every weekend, yes possibly. Yes we all have a bit of vanity, and it doesn't make you a bad person, but a private plate is most definitely a “ look at me, Im not like the rest of you ordinary folks “ thing.
  13. Bogus

Private plates

Vanity, thats the simple answer.
  14. Bogus

AC compressor advice (not Mercedes!!)

Yes I know, my son has just replaced his on a 2014 peugot and the guy who serviced my a/c tells me that condensers and condenser inlet lines are a huge part of his livliehood.
  15. Bogus

AC compressor advice (not Mercedes!!)

Looks like my 1992 merc is bucking this trend then, a/c working perfectly, no leaks and still with the original condenser.
  16. Bogus

ATS Air Con offer is back £38.99/£45.99 R134A (R1234YF also available)

I got both my BMW and my Merc done by a localish mobile a/c guy for £75 per vehicle. Leak tested, everything sucked out, then all refilled with the correct weights of gas and quantities of oil.
  17. Bogus

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

I had my a/c serviced. No leaks detected, still had 20% of its 1kg charge after years of not being used, and sitting idle on SORN for two of those years. I was sure compressor seals would be gone but no. Now blowing as cold as it ever did. Just need a proper hot day now to take full advantage...
  18. Bogus

Replaced all the old torpedo fuses for shiny new ones and found a 30A strip fuse for the a/c condenser blower fan which had been replaced by a few strands of copper wire at some point. Waiting on new strip fuse arriving now so I can replace that too. Booked an a/c service for this Friday as...
  19. Bogus

Yes and of course hairdressers are not doing business either.
Top Bottom