Search results

1. R

Vito (OM651) Hesitastion issue?

Cheers that helps, had the garage replace the housing last year due to a water leak so maybe he replaced the clips but I will check! Seen fuel filters from £10 right up to £60! I went for the £10 Blue Print one! Cheers Ronnie
  2. R

Just ordered a fuel and air filter, what's the best way to fit the fuel filter does it need primed etc? Have read a few views, some say yes other no! Cheers Ronnie
  3. R

Cheers Kev, I will post up any codes that come up, right now MOT test is due so need to get that done, enjoy your break. Cheers Ronnie
  4. R

Cheers Kev, I bought an icarsoft reader but never hooked it up yet! the EML was coming on some time ago but my garage managed to put it out, one of the codes was swirl flap, I best check them again.
  5. R

Thanks Kev, had it almost 2 years but only covered about 5k! oil filter changed twice so the rest will need doing, it's an ex police van so assumed well mantained but have my doubts! Cheers Ronnie
  6. R

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this? Van drives perfectly fine urban no misses splutters etc and excelerates as you would expect, however on motorways cruising at 70 and you hit a hill and your speed starts to drop so you give it more throttle it at times jolts like the revs are dying...
  7. R

Vito 113 gear selection problem?

Thanks Kev, I ruled out linkage as it's fine until things hot up. Cheers Ronnie
  8. R

I guess not a common fault then? I read about using ATF in the manual for smoother gear change
  9. R

Hi hoping for some help 2012 vito 113 185k Problem selecting 6th gear but only when egine is hot! When cold selection is smooth, after warm up it's very hard to get into 6th it may go in with some force and it may not. I have read various posts but most relate to 1st and 2nd gear with various...
  10. R

Which caps for these alloys?

Yeah I might do that as they look good once fitted
  11. R

Yeah they are MB wheels but come out easily, I tried to bend the tabs out slightly but one snapped! Thanks Ronnie
  12. R

I bought these caps for my alloys https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-BENZ-LAUREL-CENTRE-CAPS-75mm-A-C-G-E-M-S-CLASS-CLK-CLS-ML-CLASS-BLUE/183770963632?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649 I know they are cheap! Anyway they fit but do not clip in? So would just fall out...
  13. R

Vito OM651 timing chain?

Just done a cold start and tried to record it but the volume is poor! I think it's better but still might be some clatter heard? it seems to rev hard on first start then settle down, not heard that on any other videos showing chain rattle
  14. R

Vito OM651 timing chain?

I fitted it myself fairly easy, the part cost £83 from mercedes. Yes it will be a big job and expensive if a chain is needed! I'm struggling to find a garage to do the job so far
  15. R

Vito OM651 timing chain?

Right just fitted the new tensioner! To be fair the old one seemed just as robust so that deflated me a bit! On first start up it was fairly rattly! Hoping that was just the oil was not filling the tensioner? Will leave it a couple of hours and try again Thanks Ronnie
  16. R

Vito OM651 timing chain?

Thanks for that, will update results when done
  17. R

Vito OM651 timing chain?

Thanks again this helps for sure, I hope my problem is the same as yours. We are sailing from Corfu the 31st looking forward to it Thanks Ronnie
  18. R

Vito OM651 timing chain?

Chassis numberWDF63960123745649 Thanks for your help
  19. R

Vito OM651 timing chain?

Right just spoke to my mechanic and he said to change the tensioner the covers would still need to come off so the guide can be kept tight while the tensioner is off! Otherwise the chain may come too loose allowing it to jump a tooth? Is this how yours was done gianton?
  20. R

Vito OM651 timing chain?

Thanks gianton that's reassuring worth a try for sure, mine also 185k Thanks Ronnie

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom