1991 190e ignition barrel and door locks

joconey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300CE 24V, 190E 2.6
My 1991 2.6 is starting to experience early lock, or key, failure and I'm aware that the best thing is to replace the barrel now whilst it's functioning or face a world of pain if it fails.

Whilst I suspect it's probably the key, and I only have the one, it would make sense to replace the door and boot locks at the same time.

If anyone point me in the right direction to get the barrel and locks from the one place, without getting the handles as well that would be great. I am sure I will be looking at non-OEM parts but all the websites I have found don't bunch them as one package.

Or can anyone recommend a decent website, or supplier, that can fulfill my requirements please?

Cheers,

John

Last edited:

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
If you're not on it already, I's suggest joining the 190 forum.

Many knowledgeable people and someone always has parts for sale

brianbrian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 250D, SL129-deisel
Rob Parker on the forum sells them, complete sets second hand,nice bloke to buy from. But if you want knew, Mercedes sell them.I would get another key cut, about 15 quid may make a difference, arm and a leg knew. Try taking the ignition barrel out first before buying any thing,you can always pop it back again

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom