2005 ML350 Flat Battery

bk18484

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML/2006/350
Hi apologies if this has been covered before but I'm a newbie and couldn't find a thread to cover this.

I've just come back from being away and found that the battery on my ML is dead, just about enough to power the interior lights for 60 seconds... tried to jump it but no joy.

Just need to know if there is a way of moving the electric seat without power so that I can get a socket / spanner on the bolts to remove the driver seat and change the battery.

Seem a daft design to me but any advise would be much apreciated.

Thanks

Ray

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Under the bonnet on the o/s up near the bonnet stay is a red plastic connector box, lift the cover of, this is where you connect your plus from your jump leads, connect the other to a good earth point, if this don't start it as i suspect it wont, it will give you enough power to move the seat right forward and get it as high as it will go, then you have to remove the rear air con vent and pipe, then "cut" yes cut the carpet in two straight lines, then remove the battery cover, then you can jump it on the battery!!!!

OP
B

bk18484

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML/2006/350
Hi Thanks for the quick response, so I take it you can't move the seat without power! as I tried to move the seat with a battery attached when I tried to jump start it but not enough power..... maybe I didn't have a good earth point.

I'll give it ago Friday when I get back home.

Thanks again

Ray

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Hi Thanks for the quick response, so I take it you can't move the seat without power! as I tried to move the seat with a battery attached when I tried to jump start it but not enough power..... maybe I didn't have a good earth point.

I'll give it ago Friday when I get back home.

Thanks again

Ray

There is another way to power just the seat up, but i did training on these when they first come out, that a few years now, if i think about it tomorrow i will pull out my old traning manuals and let you no!!

OP
B

bk18484

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML/2006/350
OK thanks will check back again tomorrow.

Cheers

Ray

OP
B

bk18484

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML/2006/350
Managed to power the seat by clipping a jump starter to the binding post and earth, seat could only be inched forward and took a number of minutes to move the seat enough to remove the bolts holding it down....

Once the seat was removed the rest is pretty straight forward....

I now have another problem, after I conected the battery I turned the engine over to see if the new battery worked.....should have connected the seat first, now I have the SRS light on the dash.....any way of getting it switched off without too much expence from a main MB workshop visit?

Any help would be much apriciated.

Ray

Last edited:

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Got to be done on star or another fault reader!!

OP
B

bk18484

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML/2006/350
Hi Thanks, do you have one at your garage? I am down at Swanwick Marina on a regular basis, could pay you a visit...

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi Thanks, do you have one at your garage? I am down at Swanwick Marina on a regular basis, could pay you a visit...

They have several :D:D

Top Bottom