220 CDI - Auxilary belt tensioner pulley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 2007 E220 CDi
Hiya everyone,

I've got a wobble (!) on my tensioner. It's a bit squeaky too. I have 2 questions

1) Genuine or Euro Car Parts (I tend to err towards genuine but not many MB places are open)

2) Is it any more complicated than the two bolts that hold it in to the block (and obviously the belt on/off)

2.5) The belt is very new, as in 5k miles/12 months. My alternator died last year and took the battery with it and I put a new belt on then. Opinions on doing it/leaving it?

Thanks all

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
On my C class I replaced the idler pulley along with the tensioner. I left the tensioner mechanism in place and just replaced the pulley as it is a bit of a dismantling job otherwise (maybe simpler on yours check https://mercedes.7zap.com/en/eu/fg/car/e-klasse/e+220+cdi/64u/211006/m/646961/63r/20/0/045/0/0/ if it's the right model).
I used an SKF kit which came with the belt as mine hadn't been replaced in a while, depends on how the individual components are priced.
Good luck.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom