9g tronic get mad, please help !!

count duckula

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC amg line 250 diesel auto (RHD - UK car) 2017 R172
Hello everybody,
This is my first post on this forum, so hello everyone. I have a little problem with my R172 SLC amg line 250 diesel, 2017 post face lifting model. I can`t go to the service, all is closed now, so maybe you can help me please ?

The problem is because upshift between 1st and 2nd gear is very rough and jerky. Downshift and other gears are absolutely fine. It only happen on warm engine, after good 10-15 minutes of driving and is intermittent. For last coupe of weeks it was only in auto mode, in manual mode on paddleshifters it was good and smooth, but from today I noticed that it is the same on both, also it is the same regardless of driving mode (sport, comfort etc)
Mileage is 30k, I am the first owner. I always treat this car with caution, I keep it in warm and dry garage. Also,(it may be important) I only use this car in city traffic for last two months, so nearly all miles are motorway/countryside.

My main concern is the cost of the repair as money are tight this days. I may be able to do it on my own but unfortunately I have no diagnostic tools

Thank you very very much
Lucas

btw on youtube is a tutorial how to reset 9gtronic, it does not work

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
Hi and welcome,

Yes I would try the reset first. Nothing to loose except a few minutes of your time. Reset it before you set off on your next drive.

If not that then maybe a gearbox fluid (atf) in need of a change though a little early as usually 45k miles or five years when due.
Diagnostics will be the best way forward, perhaps using a good MB independent if you have no MB warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Hi and welcome,

Yes I would try the reset first. Nothing to loose except a few minutes of your time. Reset it before you set off on your next drive.

If not that then maybe a gearbox fluid (atf) in need of a change though a little early as usually 45k miles or five years when due.
Diagnostics will be the best way forward, perhaps using a good MB independent if you have no MB warranty.

He's tried it - and as I always say, it does nothing.

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
He's tried it - and as I always say, it does nothing.

So he has, always pays to read the entire thing.

I haven’t tried the reset on our 9g but convinced that a reset ( key, accelerator and two mins procedure) worked on SIL’s A class 2012 and on wifes A200, 2016.

OP
C

count duckula

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC amg line 250 diesel auto (RHD - UK car) 2017 R172
Many thanks, I will do reset again anyway. Based on your experience, it is more like mechanical problem or rather electronic/software bug ?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
MB boxes are usually petty strong mechanically (except when coupled to V12 monsters).

alidaz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl 350 2011
I would also change oil in gearbox I had same issue new oil in gearbox sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom