abs fault

medt7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
311cdi
hello there everybody just new on here . hope somebody could be able to help me out. i have a 05 311 cdi sprinter recently i parked it and i felt the brake peddle go a little soft as i parked . when i started it again the abs , ebd and the anti skid lights were all on on dash . is this something simple or am i looking at a big job to repair. the abs or anti skid do not work now. has anybody else encountered this problem . any advice would be greatlyy appreciated . ty for any help offered .

GCLTuning

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.gcltuning.co.uk
Leave the Battery of for 30min's this will clear the fault's ...

As it may be a "one off fault" wait an see if it reoccurs i it dose

You will need the fault codes read to determine the exact cause of the problem ...

Regards GCL

OP
M

medt7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
311cdi
thanks guys will try that and let u know what happens hopefuly that will cure . Appreciate the advice will keep u up to date.

OP
M

medt7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
311cdi
tried that and no good . Sorry its the abs esp and anti skid lights that are on . When i keep the brake peddle depressed and start engine the lights stay off until i release the peddle . The abs is not working now when i brake all locks up. I think it must be the abs pump thats gone. Ty gcl and sam for advice

Last edited:

5pares

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320cdi
Probably something cheaper than the pump,itl only take a speed sensor or brake switch to put the lights on and shut the system down.

OP
M

medt7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
311cdi
brake light bulbs and switch are ok gonna ty a speed sensor will let u know how i get on ty all

OP
M

medt7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
311cdi
ok guys sorry i wasnt back to u before now but was away for a few days.now the upshot of this problem is that the problem has solved itself i was waiting on a mechanic to diagnose the prob with his computer and in the meantime the lights went out after about 10 days and all systems are working again. wow i am lucky so sorry havent even got a fault code to report . maybe paitence did pay off lol . anyway ty for all the help and if it recurrs will keep u posted.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom