ANPR parking systems

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
I got a £100 ticket from Homebase for overstaying. There's a pay-gym on the other side of the car park and they had put in warden control due to the number of gymnasts abusing their car park.

We had gone in to look at bathroom stuff, having already placed an order with another branch (but this one is on our route into town). So it was my own fault (-ish)... On the way in I drove around the front of the store unwittingly behind a large sign showing the time limit etc We had used the store for years and I didn't give it a thought as we parked, and didn't see the sign when we left.

I called in the shop a few days later with the detailed quote I had received from the other store and saw the manager. I also pointed out the way I had driven in meant I would have had to walk back up one lane to read the front of the sign. He cancelled it after I "reasoned" with him - albeit I thought, a little grudgingly (maybe because we had ordered the big stuff from another store). I can appreciate the problem of the non-customer parking but they've done themselves no favours overall though, because we've
avoided going there since.

Funnily enough parking charges were introduced at our local hospital with the excuse that it was due to people parking up and taking the bus into town etc. I'm sorry for the staff - they have to pay as well, every working day. On the odd occasion I've been in and out quickly for "no fee to pay" but that's pretty rare. But while I and many others put our hands in our pockets to willingly help buy a scanner etc it doesn't really feel good to have to pay a money grabbing "sickness tax" which applies at most hospitals nowadays - except the private ones where it's usually free!

End of rant!

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom