Any F1 fans

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Good race for spectators today especially after the chaotic start. LH must be ruing not going in to change from inters to slicks like everyone else.
That error put him last but a great fightback to get 3rd.
VB helped MB with his reckless late braking to take out the Red Bulls and Lando and one or two others.
5 place grid loss at Spa for his troubles.
LH now back at the top of the leader board. MV appears unsettled by recent events whereas LH taking it in his stride. All down to experience.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Wow...more twists and turns than a twisty turny thing :)
I couldn't help having a wee chuckle when Max said at start of his interview, "again taken out by a Mercedes" :D
Shame about Seb losing his second place for something completely out of his control.
Regarding Lewis being the only one to take the grid for the restart...it came across like it was the team that decided to do that and not the driver?
Has anybody heard what happened after Lewis had to see a doctor? I thought he looked unusually out of breath and not quite himself during his interview.

Last edited:

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Has anybody heard what happened after Lewis had to see a doctor? I thought he looked unusually out of breath and not quite himself during his interview.
It wouldn't surprise me if he is suffering from long covid.:(

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Bottas has been given a 5 place grid penalty for the next race.

Marty Y

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 230 komp convertible w208
Wow...more twists and turns than a twisty turny thing :)
I couldn't help having a wee chuckle when Max said at start of his interview, "again taken out by a Mercedes" :D
Shame about Seb losing his second place for something completely out of his control.
Regarding Lewis being the only one to take the grid for the restart...it came across like it was the team that decided to do that and not the driver?

Hopefully he's ok now, but it's understandable that he was exhausted after that race.

Regarding the restart, I think the team believed more rain was on the way. It was very strange seeing him being the only one on the grid.

P2 is ok given the circumstances, but I feel it is a opportunity and 7 extra points missed, The W12 was clearly the fastest car this weekend.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Am I right in thinking that even if Mercedes had pitted Ham he still would have come out at the back of the field - due to the location of the Mercedes pit?

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
^Yes, IMO they were ahead of the game the strategy was perfect only Alonso’s experience stopped LH winning the race

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Am I right in thinking that even if Mercedes had pitted Ham he still would have come out at the back of the field - due to the location of the Mercedes pit?
Allan McNish suggested this as a possibility to why they didn't pit.
If I understand the procedure correctly then there is no way Hamilton could have came out the pit lane in first place, but doesn't necessarily mean he would be dead last either.
It certainly seems logical, but if it was the real reason then you would think this would have been stated by the team.

Marty Y

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 230 komp convertible w208

After Sebastian was disqualified for failing to provide a fuel sample, Lewis is now classified as finishing P2. Mercedes now lead the constructors championship by 12 points, and Lewis leads the drivers championship by 8 points.

It's a harsh penalty for Sebastian but cars must pass scrutineering to insure fair play,

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Allan McNish suggested this as a possibility to why they didn't pit.
If I understand the procedure correctly then there is no way Hamilton could have came out the pit lane in first place, but doesn't necessarily mean he would be dead last either.
It certainly seems logical, but if it was the real reason then you would think this would have been stated by the team.
This was the case, plus the fact they didn't expect the track to dry so quickly so they expected Hamilton to get at least a few laps o the inters and gain a decent advantage.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This was the case, plus the fact they didn't expect the track to dry so quickly so they expected Hamilton to get at least a few laps o the inters and gain a decent advantage.
Yep, all explained in the race debrief video posted above. :)

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Top Bottom