Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Take a Bow George, amazing lap

Glad Lando is OK, that was a massive shunt

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
With LH lining up on the "clean" side directly behind MV tomorrow, the start and first few conrers could get interesting! Wonder how mush GR's performance today has influenced Toto's comment that the decicion re VB and GR for next season has been made (although he would not say anything further)!! Lando passed fit to race, so that could add an interesting twist as well, hope he does well.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Lando passed fit to race, so that could add an interesting twist as well, hope he does well.

Hope they get the car done so he can start from 9th on the Grid or it's from the pit lane dead last

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Hope they get the car done so he can start from 9th on the Grid or it's from the pit lane dead last
Apparently he is starting in 14th after a gearbox change.
The car looked wrecked so the mechanics have done a brilliant job getting it race ready

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Apparently he is starting in 14th after a gearbox change.
The car looked wrecked so the mechanics have done a brilliant job getting it race ready

Yup, just saw that, shame but rebuilding that is a pretty epic feat

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Apparently The Mercedes line up is decided for '22 but it is being kept a secret for a while

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
The youngsters still have a lot to learn, Russel taking Bottas out really ruffled feathers at Mercedes. Norris learn’t a very hard lesson yesterday regarding when to push and when not - glad he’s ok.

I think the deal is done at Mercedes and Bottas will retain his position next year - the body language between Hamilton and Bottas lately would indicate so

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Utter farcical "race" for a couple of laps behind the safety car so no overtaking.
Just an exercise to award half points.
If the race couldn't be run tomorrow for whatever reason it should have been cancelled like the 2018 British MotoGP without any points being awarded.
Very disappointing outcome and I'd be really cheesed off if no refund was forthcoming.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
Utter farcical "race" for a couple of laps behind the safety car so no overtaking.
Just an exercise to award half points.
If the race couldn't be run tomorrow for whatever reason it should have been cancelled like the 2018 British MotoGP without any points being awarded.
Very disappointing outcome and I'd be really cheesed off if no refund was forthcoming.
A new F1 record, the shortest F1 race ever.

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Come on! Would you want to go racing in that?????
The resultant decision on points, etc is debatable

NBurns

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
A180 CDI AVANTGARDE SE CVT,169.007, 2009
I will copy here what I posted on another F1 WhatsApp group I am part of,….

“It doesn’t matter what the reason was it was the worst race I have ever watched and then to give half points for doing absolutely nothing at all is just madness and to top it off a podium just for George Russell to get his first F1 trophy,……seriously?!!!!! Worst Grand Prix I have ever watched!!!!!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
^ The thing is, it was a non event and nobody saw any racing.
It's perfectly understandable why a proper race didn't take place as the conditions and visibility were very poor and driver safety is paramount.

The thing that got me was the charade of a couple of laps behind the safety car then dishing out half points and a trophy.
Well done George Russell. He got a podium and trophy for two slow laps behind a safety car!. Really made a mockery of F1 today.

I wonder if the decision to even go out again was made so that the organisers didn't have to give refunds to the thousands of soaked, miserable and disappointed trackside fans.
As I posted earlier, the whole event should have been cancelled, fans given a refund and no points awarded.
There are still a couple of slots in the calendar where the race may have been re arranged, but due to the baffling decision to run for a couple of minutes that's off the board now.

NBurns

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
A180 CDI AVANTGARDE SE CVT,169.007, 2009
^ The thing is, it was a non event and nobody saw any racing.
It's perfectly understandable why a proper race didn't take place as the conditions and visibility were very poor and driver safety is paramount.

The thing that got me was the charade of a couple of laps behind the safety car then dishing out half points and a trophy.
Well done George Russell. He got a podium and trophy for two slow laps behind a safety car!. Really made a mockery of F1 today.

I wonder if the decision to even go out again was made so that the organisers didn't have to give refunds to the thousands of soaked, miserable and disappointed trackside fans.
As I posted earlier, the whole event should have been cancelled, fans given a refund and no points awarded.
There are still a couple of slots in the calendar where the race may have been re arranged, but due to the baffling decision to run for a couple of minutes that's off the board now.

Hear hear!!!

oliveau

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 E350 Estate
Hear hear!!!

It seems Sir Lewis is very peed off claiming that 2 laps was a setup so that it could then contractually be called 'a race' and the organisers would then be able to collect sponsorship and other fees and not have to rfund fans tickets.

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
It seems Sir Lewis is very peed off claiming that 2 laps was a setup so that it could then contractually be called 'a race' and the organisers would then be able to collect sponsorship and other fees and not have to rfund fans tickets.
And he is correct.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI,2016 Hyundai1.6 CRDI i30,2014 Peugeot 308 HDI. .6 HDI.
So the development F1 cars has reached the point where they can only run in certain weather conditions, I tuned in expecting to see the drivers skills put to the test in dreadful conditions.
Apparently the design of the cars now rules that out, F1 has lost its way.
Yesterday's "race" was a farce.
Feel sorry for those that paid to attend

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom