As New W210

admiral

Active Senior Members
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E320
Hello all, 1st post as have just bought an immaculate w210 (yr 2000) E320 Elegence.

The car ireally is immaculate as it had been an old ladies who passed on, so had sat in a heated garage for 10 years and travelled just over 10,000 miles! Its the facelifted version and as you can imagine, I am over the moon!
My concern of course is rust in the future and as its a nearly new - old car, what would suggest I do now to prolong the life of the car and maintain the best condition possible. I would rather do preventative treatment than have to sort problems out in a few years.

I know these are prone to rust but anything else preventative that I can do?

I am also investigating an LPG conversion but will post about that when I have researched further.

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
Hello all, 1st post as have just bought an immaculate w210 (yr 2000) E320 Elegence.

The car ireally is immaculate as it had been an old ladies who passed on, so had sat in a heated garage for 10 years and travelled just over 10,000 miles! Its the facelifted version and as you can imagine, I am over the moon!
My concern of course is rust in the future and as its a nearly new - old car, what would suggest I do now to prolong the life of the car and maintain the best condition possible. I would rather do preventative treatment than have to sort problems out in a few years.

I know these are prone to rust but anything else preventative that I can do?

I am also investigating an LPG conversion but will post about that when I have researched further.

Hello and welcome......you are a lucky boy......clean and waxoyl I guess.....many will offer their views.

Mic

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome,, you should apply Waxoil to the insides of all of the rubbers around the doors, clean out the mud on the insides of all 4 wheel arches and wax oil heavily

Waxoil heated to 22c flows easily, spray it under the car also, just cover the brakes disc when spraying

dougjoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Benz S320CDI
I wouls also recommend the bottom of the front wings inside the wheel arch area under the inner wing rubber couling. The near side seems to go more than the offside but worth doing both.

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
I removed all 4 wheel arch liners on my C class when I owned it and sprayed liberally with Waxoil..
Forget the crappy waxoil spray kits as they are neither use nor ornament..
Go to a garden shop and get a 5 litre plant / fence panel sprayer. It worked an absolute treat for me..It actually made a messy mucky job quite enjoyable !

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I recommend putting it back

OP
A

admiral

Active Senior Members
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E320
Thank you

Thank you for your responses, I was going to slop some hammerite under the acrhes but Waxoyl it is then! Now just got to find some time.

Incidentally, does supagard make any difference? It still looks very shiny.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Thank you for your responses, I was going to slop some hammerite under the acrhes but Waxoyl it is then! Now just got to find some time.

Incidentally, does supagard make any difference? It still looks very shiny.

Not really it will not help and its very expensive

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom