Awaiting arrival of 2004 SLK

G

Gazza1970

Hi All, finally took the plunge and got the wife a 2004 SLK 200K Tip, been thinking about it for a while, I really wanted the 230 but this was a bargain I couldn't turn down. It's the Special Edition model and I was wondering if anyone knows what the difference on this model is? Lets hope the weather improves for the weekend when she picks it up, wishful thinking:lol:??

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Great news and she will love it,,it could have a very good spec :D:D

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
My wife has one the same year, she is very pleased & nothing has gone wrong in 60K miles.

OP
G

Gazza1970

It doesn't have the electric seats, but does have some very nice alloys, at just under 8k with only 55k on the clock I thought it was a good deal, especially for a 2004 and it's from a BMW dealership. It's in great original condition, no accident damage and run great on the test drives.

Thincat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK320
I guess that's the last of the original shape SLKs. I remember they did a "Final Edition" - can't remember a Special Edition. It had Mercedes 17" alloys and a badge and some chrome round the windows - also maybe a Nappa leather interior, can't remember. Basically it was a way of selling the last of the old shape. £8k's a good price.

HiHoSilver SLK

Reaction score
Website
www.massage-christopherbenham.co.uk
Your Mercedes
SLK350 mmmmm
10 days ago I traded in my SLK230 (Old Shape, 2001, decent spec) and took delivery of an SLK350 (New Shape, 2004,). I drove the old one for two years and I loved it

I'm still getting used to the new one, but I have to say that the differences are that the new shape has a more sports car feel and ride but the old one was much more comfortable, plush and wafty.

If I was taking a long languid trip in the sunshine, riding down to the Riviera or LeMans, for instance, the old shape is beautiful choice; a comfortable ride with a luxury feel whilst retaining the excitement and fun factor of a whizzy two seater.

You mentioned the lack of electric seats in your new one, well don't worry, my new babe has manual seats whilst the old one had electric, with the manual version you can lower the seat more than with the electric, so you get a wider range of movement manually. Electric is nice, but it's really just a toy.

The price you paid was very good. Nice one.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom