B Class - Connecting an Android device as an Audio Aux source

MagicalHorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B-Class/2008/B200 CDI Auto
Hello,

My used 2008 B Class came with an iPod connector and a Bluetooth phone connection already installed. The problem is that all of my music is on my Android phone and I can't seem to connect it all.
My Audio 20 manual says that I can connect it as and AUX device via the 3.5mm jack in the glove compartment and then press the CDC button for more than 2 seconds. When I do this I just get an meesage on the centre console says the the iPod is Not Connected - it looks like the iPod connector is taking up the AUX connection.
Has anyone found a way areoud this - I don't want to have to buy an Apple device, but I'm prepared to de-install the iPod connection if that's possible without an expensive vist to an MB dealer.

Thanks for reading this and hoepfully someone as equally frustrated out there has found a way around this,

Regards
Colin

Comand

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63, SL55, A150, X5, Raptor, ZX10, ZRX1100, Mini, RD350B, RD250B
Hello,

My used 2008 B Class came with an iPod connector and a Bluetooth phone connection already installed. The problem is that all of my music is on my Android phone and I can't seem to connect it all.
My Audio 20 manual says that I can connect it as and AUX device via the 3.5mm jack in the glove compartment and then press the CDC button for more than 2 seconds. When I do this I just get an meesage on the centre console says the the iPod is Not Connected - it looks like the iPod connector is taking up the AUX connection.
Has anyone found a way areoud this - I don't want to have to buy an Apple device, but I'm prepared to de-install the iPod connection if that's possible without an expensive vist to an MB dealer.

Thanks for reading this and hoepfully someone as equally frustrated out there has found a way around this,

Regards
Colin

Yes the ipod interface is using the AUX.

Ive seen the tune2Air which adds a bluetooth connection to the ipod kit, work with android phones.

http://www.commandonline.co.uk/viseeo_wma1000.html

Last edited:

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom