B-Class Petrol Owners

Vx-Man-G

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class CDI
Hey folks,

Just after some honest driver feedback and reviews of B-Class drivers.

We're looking to upgrade my Dad's car soon to comply with Birmingham CAZ, so will be upgrading to something from a W204 which is his current drive.

One of the car's on the shortlist is a Petrol engined B-Class in Automatic form so would be great to hear what your thoughts are, common problems, what to look for, what not to look for, etc, and how it compares against the W204 CDI.

We'll be looking at something 2013 onwards, preferably around 15/65/16/66-reg.

Many thanks.

OP
Vx-Man-G

Vx-Man-G

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class CDI
No one ??

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 530d X Drive Tourer M Sports
Not sure there are many on here?
My experience was very brief in 2014...I was given one by MB (via Enterprise ) when my E died. It was so horrible I had to give it back after a day, then they found me a GLA which was so much better. Appreciate they will have improved since that model...

AJD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 C200 2.0Ltr (P) ///AMG Line, Premium, 4dr. 9G. Brilliant Blue with Alpaca trim
Not a big fan of the 'B', in fact it is my least liked car in the MB range. That is only me though, and obviously John, I just don't need a van with windows. Sorry.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
OP
Vx-Man-G

Vx-Man-G

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class CDI
I remember the old B class was not so great, but the newer B's actually look OK. But never driven one.

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
05 E55k Est, 99 SL500, A200
Hi,
We have a B180 d, my 2015.
The car imho is really good, tis roomy, comfy, just a nice size for towns yet big enough to travel in too. The boot is a decent size.
The memory seat pack gives you comfort, lumbar support, the parking pack is useful and auto air con would be the better option. Pano roof if desired.
Looks wise, ours is the AMG line, is black and again imho looks okay. Not the best but there’s worse looking out there.
Not driven a petrol one but the auto box, 7sp is good. Our one returns about 55mpg.
I wouldn’t choose the 180d again, would go with the 200d or petrol. I would be tempted to get a B45 AMG, (Brabus do one), if I had the need and space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom