Bluetooth SL350 2006 connecting to smartphone SAP version?

Pipemaster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350 R230 / 2006 / 3500
Hi I have been away from here for a while (sorry to see Television has passed away) but have bought an SL350 and i want to connect a bluetooth mobile to it. I bought a Cradle Adapter for the UHI connector in the armrest from Ebay SAP v2 SLR B67875840 PEIKER and i am having trouble getting it to work. The adapter has the facility to have a sim card but I don't want to use that and i have had the flashing lghts and the comand screen now sees something as it offers the ability to dial but of course nothing happens. I can connect to the car on me smart phone to a device UHI-SN9335 and it validates my phone but it did this before i fitted the adapter.
Is there a specific adapter (also called a puck i have read) for the 2006 xr this one is Version 2.

Point me in the right direction if you can please!

Stay safe

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
SAP isn't supported by many phones.

sap stands for for sim access profile - which means the device steals the info (via Bluetooth) of your phones sim card and pretends to be your phone. its quite a good idea as you could use an external antenna,

android (so any Samsung) doesn't work with sap, although if u want a fight some apps with the right access can work

the other issue is the device is so old some features might struggle (like the phone book)

connecting a merc sap device and getting the phone authorisation to pair using SAP is a nightmare. You need the full instructions a 12 digit pin, quick fingers and a lot of luck

there are other ones by merc or viseeo that do it the normal Bluetooth way... although the merc ones are up to v4 in an attempt to work with modern phones and viseeo you need to flash with updates

Last edited:
OP
Pipemaster

Pipemaster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350 R230 / 2006 / 3500
SAP isn't supported by many phones.

sap stands for for sim access profile - which means the device steals the info (via Bluetooth) of your phones sim card and pretends to be your phone. its quite a good idea as you could use an external antenna,

android (so any Samsung) doesn't work with sap, although if u want a fight some apps with the right access can work

the other issue is the device is so old some features might struggle (like the phone book)

connecting a merc sap device and getting the phone authorisation to pair using SAP is a nightmare. You need the full instructions a 12 digit pin, quick fingers and a lot of luck

there are other ones by merc or viseeo that do it the normal Bluetooth way... although the merc ones are up to v4 in an attempt to work with modern phones and viseeo you need to flash with updates

Thanks for that comprehensive reply I have ordered another adapter and hope that one will work - Mercedes Benz Genuine Bluetooth Adapter/Module B6 787 5877 with the other one for sale on fleabay

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom