Car not unlocking or key turning in the ignition

Apples76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 2002 2.6 Estate
Hi All,

First of all I would like today hi :)

Secondly HELP

I have stored my 2002 C240 (2.6 Petrol) on my drive for some time and now have come to put her back in the road for daily use again.

I started her before Christmas and roped up the battery, unfortunately over Christmas I let the battery run flat. So I charged it up out of the vehicle and went to start it up yesterday only for the key to have no response at all.

I have search a good part of the internet and understand that I may now have a diff ESL and possibly SAM...?

Could you please help me diagnose exactly what has gone and point me in the right direction for repair..

Mark@RMK

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.replacementmercedeskeys.co.uk
Your Mercedes
115CDi Vito
Hi,

Is it a 52 reg or an 02?

They do suffer from EIS failure on either year. One version can be fixed and the other version of EIS is best to replace with a later version of it.

Quick test for you
Get in the car, If the middle of the dash isnt lit up with the usual mileage/trip then flick the headlight switch on and off and have a look at the screen - more precisely the mileage - look at it for 60 seconds.

If the mileage displays the correct mileage, then turns to ------ then its the EIS that has failed (And this would also tell me which version of EIS you have)

If the mileage remains - Try to warm the cabin up and see what happens..

Mark

OP
A

Apples76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 2002 2.6 Estate
Hi Mark,

Thanks for replying.

I have a 52 registered model

The mileage indicator displays only ------- does not revert to any mileage display.

Mark@RMK

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.replacementmercedeskeys.co.uk
Your Mercedes
115CDi Vito
Hi Mark,

Thanks for replying.

I have a 52 registered model

The mileage indicator displays only ------- does not revert to any mileage display.

Hi,

Then its the EIS. I can fix that fault for you and have done many times!

Send me an email on my website(Link in banner below!) and I can send you all the details!

Mark

OP
A

Apples76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 2002 2.6 Estate
EMail sent

Hi,

Then its the EIS. I can fix that fault for you and have done many times!

Send me an email on my website(Link in banner below!) and I can send you all the details!

Mark

Hi Mark,

I sent the email last night. Look forward to hearing from you.

OP
A

Apples76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 2002 2.6 Estate
Thanks Mark@RMK

Received the EIS back today and just installed it.back to working as it should :)

Many thanks for your prompt service!

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom