CLK AMG gearbox

baz.purdue

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK55 AMG 2003
Hi, but of a random question but does anyone know if the 5 speed CLK55 AMG W209 gearbox can be changed for a 7 speed one? Would surely mean much more mpg with them extra gears?

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Might be a question of being able to handle the torque? AFAIK the 55s kept the 5speed well into the period the 7 speed was available.

OP
B

baz.purdue

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK55 AMG 2003
Ahhh I see, I was thinking that. Why oh why they didn't give it just one more cog! It's not like it hasn't the torque for a cruise gear! And think of the mpg!

ELGRINGO

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e230 c180 sl280 brabus a190 smar cart
gear box

Hi better with your gear box seeing lots of problems with 7g tronic had problems since day one.

Benzworx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 55 amg
Best to keep the standard 5 speed box, would be a lot of work and costly to change over to the 7g box trust me its not worth it

Clive

OP
B

baz.purdue

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK55 AMG 2003
Cheers Clive, was only wondering, may have considered if it was easy. Thanks tho

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom