CLS500 is really underpowered! Why only 306BHP?

as400

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 E350cdi
Can this thread be moved to Motoring Related Discussion?

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
+1 with developer215 :D

You could give a whole new slant to our threads, though I should warn you, they get a bit blue at times - it's that Lizzy you know :lol:.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
The Kompressor engine with 3.2 capacity being faster than the V8 is as a result of what? Does it have a Turbo:confused:

I know you had a good answer above, but I thought I'd add to it.

Turbos and superchargers (kompressor) both do a similar job...they force more air into the engine to achieve more power.

The turbocharger does it by using exhaust gases to spin the compressor (for that is what it is), whereas the supercharger is attached to the crankshaft and this drives the compressor. Superchargers usually have a more instant effect, whereas turbos can suffer greater or lesser degrees of lag.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I know you had a good answer above, but I thought I'd add to it.

Turbos and superchargers (kompressor) both do a similar job...they force more air into the engine to achieve more power.

The turbocharger does it by using exhaust gases to spin the compressor (for that is what it is), whereas the supercharger is attached to the crankshaft and this drives the compressor. Superchargers usually have a more instant effect, whereas turbos can suffer greater or lesser degrees of lag.

You could always make a poor man's compressor , just need a plastic tube into the cab from the air intake and blow hard in the tube when you need a boost, if short of wind, use an aerosol

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
You could always make a poor man's compressor , just need a plastic tube into the cab from the air intake and blow hard in the tube when you need a boost, if short of wind, use an aerosol

This is the more modern version :

442.jpg

OP
Mcobinad

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 Designo Black paint, R500 W251, CL600 W216
they get a bit blue at times - it's that Lizzy you know :lol:.

I guess am accustomed to it. In my perspective this is definitely what makes it unique :lol:

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom