Diesel engine re-mapping

Royston59

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 CLS 350 CDI AMG Sport & 2014 C220 CDI AMG Sport edition (Wifeys)
Why is it that I have read that the D6 is recomended installed on cars less than 2 years old and less than 18k miles? , doesnt make too much sense to me??
R:confused:

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
That is just what Mercedes say to keep the Merc warranty, 18k or 2 years is what it could be before the first service.

Royston59

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 CLS 350 CDI AMG Sport & 2014 C220 CDI AMG Sport edition (Wifeys)
That is just what Mercedes say to keep the Merc warranty, 18k or 2 years is what it could be before the first service.

Good point, however I see nothing that suggests the warranty is voided if installed beyond 2yrs etc so long as it is installed by an MB dealer ?

Mind you I also read it the the 2yr /18k miles seems a recomendation and not a strict requirement...
Cheers
r

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
..................You won't see any improvement in mpg mind, but thats basic physics. Assuming no increase in mechanical efficiency, better or at least different gearing etc mpg should remain the......

Thanks for that, could not have put it better myself!

I doubt anything said here will change deep set opinions though......

Mounis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220CDI W211 Avant
I'd think that all those worried about MPG gains would be better off considering emptying crap out of their cars/losing weight/driving more progressively with less stop start... (no disrespect intended - just getting my point over)

I know that two of the wife make one of me so surely the 270 must return a healthier mpg when she does a run up the motorway...??

Guess I ate all the pies... ;-)

The only time I think I'd want a remap is to give better power delivery...I'm sure you'd never get both power and economy...

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I'd think that all those worried about MPG gains would be better off considering emptying crap out of their cars/losing weight/driving more progressively with less stop start... (no disrespect intended - just getting my point over)

I know that two of the wife make one of me so surely the 270 must return a healthier mpg when she does a run up the motorway...??

Guess I ate all the pies... ;-)

The only time I think I'd want a remap is to give better power delivery...I'm sure you'd never get both power and economy...

Good point. I like doing sums - mental arithmetic when driving along.

I had a SAAB 99 once and, over a number of journeys, calculated the brim to brim consumptions under different conditions.

Government and manufacturer's data on car performance used to relate to the car plus driver.

My studies revealed that the SAAB would do 35 mpg with only me in it, and subtract 1 mpg for each passenger, and 1 mpg for a boot full of luggage.

You could refine this, as some do by never more than half filling the fuel tank, in addition to all the better recognized stuff - emptying unnecessary items out, removing roof rack/bicycle carriers when not in use.

Doing sums can be useful. I know it is a bit sad, but there we go ........ :Oops:

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
Good point. I like doing sums - mental arithmetic when driving along.

I had a SAAB 99 once and, over a number of journeys, calculated the brim to brim consumptions under different conditions.

Government and manufacturer's data on car performance used to relate to the car plus driver.

My studies revealed that the SAAB would do 35 mpg with only me in it, and subtract 1 mpg for each passenger, and 1 mpg for a boot full of luggage.

You could refine this, as some do by never more than half filling the fuel tank, in addition to all the better recognized stuff - emptying unnecessary items out, removing roof rack/bicycle carriers when not in use.

Doing sums can be useful. I know it is a bit sad, but there we go ........ :Oops:

Biggest loss I have encountered is by using a roof rack with just a spare wheel on it - wow! did that pull the mileage down!!!!

Silver_Star

Reaction score
Rural Leicestershire near where Pork Pies and Stil
Your Mercedes
W203.006, S211.208 Land Rover 90
Biggest loss I have encountered is by using a roof rack with just a spare wheel on it - wow! did that pull the mileage down!!!!

They do BIG time and make an annoying woosh above about 45-50mph.

I had to do a 15 mile drive last night to my house I am currently renovating. I had my roof rack on, laiden with 12 sheets of plaster board and a few lengths of studwork timber. The trip computer indicated I had lost a good 5mpg and I was driving a lot slower/economically than I usually do.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom