Drivers that really irritate me

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
One of the things that really irritates me is drivers joining motorways.

Why do they hog the centre of the slip road and accelerate so slowly that they only get up to 50mph by the time they hit the motorway - causing users already on the motorway to have to change lanes ? Are these people stupid ? Rant Rant....

It is much easier to slow down than to accelerate so I always try to hit the motorway at 70-80 and then syncronise my speed to the gap.

Anything irritate you?

S

shaggy

yeah:!:

just finished work im driving home at 04.45 and im in left lane doing 85 and some prick is sat in the middle lane doing bang on 70 W T F? do they think when the motorway is empty they can sit in any lane??
ive also had it where they are sat in the third lane so you undertake and they are ****ed off at me for undertaking rant rant rant.....................

E Class Newbie

Reaction score
Poor Motorway Driving

Quite agree!

It annoys me when joining a motorway that some people in lane 1 refuse to move over to the middle lane to let you out safely, even when there is nothing to stop them doing it. Conversely, it drives me mad when drivers think they have a god given right to force their way out on to the motorway when you have no where to go to avoid them!

I too hate middle lane hogs or 'I'm sticking in the outside lane because I'm doing 80 and you shouldn't be going faster than me anyway' brigade.

Anyway, here's one to cause some debate! When approaching a lane restriction (3 lanes down to 2 etc) why do British drivers immediately pull over to the left causing uneccesarily long queues often hundreds of yards before the lane is closed? This is stupidity! Equally annoying are the prats (usually lorry drivers) who try to 'block' the clear outer lane with the menatlity 'we're queuing so you should be'. Well I'm sorry, but you queue if you want to, and I'll start to queue when there's a need to! Of course, all of this nonsense would be solved if we adopted the brilliant system of 'filter in turn' which they use in the Channel Islands when 2 lanes drop to one (they also use it for mini-roundabouts - another master stroke). Beatifully easy to understand, avoids queues and road rage!

I'll now sit back and wait for the abuse!!

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
sit in the outside lane at 50mph and never use your mirrors...hoike up the stereo to full volume and look towards the central reservation and you never notice any of these faults you all mention..try it...its great fun watching everyone else get stressed and head towards and early grave....

pascal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl320/1999/3.2
Yes Guys,

All of the above annoy me, but it doesn't get me raging as it would years ago.

Situation 1: 2 lane motorway, car in front in outside lane. Don't go thumping down left lane. Driver in front may be afraid to move to left for fear of cutting you off. Don't go tearing up close to his rear, lights flashing.
Move into right lane well in advance. Driver in front will see your MB grill getting bigger in his mirror, and will usually move over. If this does not work after a short period, I break the law, and tear up the inside, with just a quick glance at the driver. They usually move over after you're in the distance.

Situation 2: 3 or more lane motorway (shaggys situation), car in front in middle lane. Overtake in far right lane, and move over to left well clear of overtaken cars. They often move over to left when your're in the distance.

Situation 3: Slip/acceleration lane onto motorway (Davids situation). Leave sizable gap from car in front, so you can have more speed built up when you are joining in. By staying right behind him, you are making the motorway join even more potentially dangerous, as the motorway drivers have more than one 'slow car' to deal with.

You will find that by using the patient approach to situations, your drive will be less stressful, and you will get to your destination more relaxed, and just as quick.

Pascal (Anger Management Consultant :) )

Pascal

S

shaggy

zzzzzzzzzzzzzrace up to their bumber horn going lights blazeing,then if necissary shove them out of the way into the central reservation zzzzzzzzzzzzz
whoops just had a great dream:mrgreen:

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
we all need some whale song cds

Hey guys, as Pascal says, let's chill out. I enjoy driving my lovely big fat Mercs whatever the weather, traffic, politics, or football is doing. Even burning blue notes out of the exhaust on the occasional carpark known as the M62 is a gas in a merc. I'd rather be stuck in one than any other car. All the rotten driving you see is just other drivers subconsciously advertising their peevedness at us for having nicer cars. So we win, hands down. If you look at it like I do, the other ants in the rat race of life suddnely lose their ability to hack you off. Give them a bit of road, why not, they'll only have to give it back later on. We might even stun them into remembering they are human as well. Of course, there is plan B. You do know what that big star thing on the bonnet is for really, don't you?

marshie001

Reaction score
didn't intend posting here as nearly all other divers annoy me but.....

ive just had an encounter in the town centre that nearly came to blows...

while waiting to enter a parking space and indicating as such, some cocky little nob decides to go round us and start to reverse into the space!
with my missus behind the wheel i decided to jump out and tell the nice man to f*ck off unless he wants lamping to which he said "i didn't know you were waiting!" unbeleivable, what did he think we were sitting there indicating for?
did he even see us? i know mercs have come a long way but i didn't realise i had a stealth mode, i really must get a manual!! and some anger management!!:-x

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
think deep, cool, blue

Marshie, I'm going to go all holistic on you. Deep breath, think smiley, happy, shiny people, you could be worse off, you could be him. Slowly release deep breath, soundlessly uttering the word " F***wit". Works for me every time. It's the soundless bit you have to perfect.

turnipsock

Reaction score
marshie001 said:
ive just had an encounter in the town centre that nearly came to blows...

Was that 'blows' or 'bows'?

It could be worse, you could have an arrow in your back.

turnipsock

Reaction score
Here is something that bugs me.

You are stuck behind a slow car on a twisty road for ages and then a glimmer of hope as you see a right hand indicator going on. Great he is turning right at the next junction. Hold on a minute, Granny is there attempting to turn right out of the same junction. Our slow car stops and flashes his lights to let Granny pull out before he turns into the junction. The result is I'm now stuck behind granny.

I haven't yet found a solution to this one yet, other than sounding my horn as granny pulls out, which causes a bit of confusion.

Is the slow car doing this on purpose or is he just ignorant?

turnipsock

Reaction score
Here's another one:

You are stuck at a busy junction, waiting to turn right and a slow car is approaching from the left with a Q of cars behind him.
The slow car starts indicating right as he is wanting to come into the junction I am coming out off, he flashes his lights for some reason. I sit waiting for ages for him make his turn and he doesn't, so I start to pull out as he starts to make his turn.

Confusion ensues.

SLIGOGOLFER

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 estate
Maybe take your Granny out with you and other drivers might be more obliging or take a valium, then you wont care what happens

shrekky

Reaction score
sunderland...where ?......just south of scotland..
middle aged women in micras are the bain of my life....lol...........driving my 190 i have no problems as 9/10 always in the fast lane doing at least 85mph.....lol.............BUT ! when i have a trailer or driving a hgv class 2........they sit in that middle lane at 45 mph........and WONT BUDGE!.....police do me for speeding 5mph over the top of the speed limit but the morons wont do them for "driving without due care and attention for other road users"...................i have seen these drivers cause so many accidents its unreal........i agree totally about slip roads and joining onto a motorway,they are designed so you join at the same speed and without interference to other drivers............not go so slow that everything within 100 yards has to brake hard.......i'll get off my soap box now ....... :lol: :lol:

turnipsock

Reaction score
...guys in Renaults chasing you, so much so, that you lock up your brakes and your tyres go all out of balance. Then, when you are about a mile from home, the suspension fails and you go flying off the road.

Anybody else ever had this happen to them?

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
very common with french tyres it seems. I think it is a built in faliure system that allows french things to pass

angus falconer

Reaction score
(1) people who do three point turns in congested narrow streets when traffic is approaching. Why not wait? Why not drive 20 yards to the next junction and turn there? Why expect all traffic to come to a halt for the duration of this manoeuvre?

(2) people trying to join a main road from a side road who do that sudden lunge-forward-and-stop-again move just as you approach. Hint; if you try that in front of a W reg silver C43 in West London you have reduced your changes of getting me to do you a favour by 90%. If you try it in a 4wd 100%.

(3) people who never demist any windows or clear snow off in winter. Just shows how much they care about what goes on behind them or to either side.

Good. Got that off my chest.

blassberg

Reaction score
E Class Newbie said:
why do British drivers immediately pull over to the left causing uneccesarily long queues often hundreds of yards before the lane is closed? This is stupidity! I'll now sit back and wait for the abuse!!

same. agree. no abuse. although I tend to try and merge in at least ten oops fifty metres before the end so as not to be rude...

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
What really annoys me about other drivers is how you spend ages finding a 'safe' place to park in the supermarket or shopping mall car park and some idiot parks next to you, usually in some cheap skate car, and opens their door wide enough to let out a herd of elephants, hits the side of your car then glares at you like its your fault :-?

Lyn

orbitalegg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W163 ML 320 1998
what bugs me and makes me laugh is people who refuse to let you merge into traffic even though its not really moving and all the have to gain is one car length, then they are stuck right in front of you and pretend that they cannot or did not see you. i love the look on their faces when they realise they will be sitting in front of you till the lights change green again.
grrrrrrr ha ha grrrrrrrrrrr ha ha

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom