E300 Estate rust boot with free holes!

vonmelchior

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
124/E300/1994/24v/diesel/wagon
:confused:

I have just bought a nice L plate '94 124 24v E300 diesel estate. :D

Lots of history and engine plus interior and electrics all good. Unfortunately the dreaded leaky rear end has meant some good size rust holes in the rear, under the locking mechanism...

Beyond custom cutting out some pieces and the usual welder repair, anyone think of or tried another option for a similar problem?

Can you buy a floor panel as a replacement from Merc? Should I look for a scrapped one and extract? Or..... Any input gratefully received.

&rew 'Rust Baron' von Melchior

c15htn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'00 A208 CLK320 Convertible.
Cutting the required area out of a good one is popular with classics - I've done that very thing with the Rover...... Problem is, if it's a common rust area, all the scrap ones are rusty soooooooooo finding the bit in question could take some time!!

I'm sure someone like avenue panels or some one similar could provide a repair panel / boot floor panel?

Jim

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
No parts from MB for this though there maybe after market ones, but it should be easy enough to make some up

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom