E300 Hybrid System not engaging

E300 Hybrid 2012

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300 Hybrid 2012
Yes it is sad the W/S 212 is a very well made car I can testify to that but unfortunately this was MB’s first venture up into Hybrid technology and was rushed to market all the German manufacturers we caught out with how quickly the market changed in favour of electric propulsion at the time
seems so - what to take a bet on now is the million dollar question....... I have had my share of surprises for a long time.......

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I am surprised though that this type of fault happens on a Mercedes that is maintained regularly on a part like this. Shouldn’t have to happen. I guess it is bad luck and or poor build from the beginning.
As I said before, early Mercedes hybrids were rubbish and I’m surprised yours lasted for 11 years,

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
The cost of replacement EV battery packs are basically a write off point for most of the cars out there, maybe they will come down in price who knows but I doubt it. It’s like musical chairs the first owners on PCP pass the problem on to second and third owners but someone is going to be driving the thing when the music stops (literally), this is already showing in a drop off in second hand EV sales which isn’t surprising

E300 Hybrid 2012

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300 Hybrid 2012
The cost of replacement EV battery packs are basically a write off point for most of the cars out there, maybe they will come down in price who knows but I doubt it. It’s like musical chairs the first owners on PCP pass the problem on to second and third owners but someone is going to be driving the thing when the music stops (literally), this is already showing in a drop off in second hand EV sales which isn’t surprising
From my point of view I would never own an electric car or hybrid with warranty.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom