E63 AMG. newbie

TonySoton

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63 AMG. 5.461cc. W212 facelift
Hi good people of MBOF

Have just purchased E63 AMG 5461cc, W212-Facelift-2016, 22,800 miles from MB dealership and I live in Southampton. Had many Mercedes over the years and always loved the brand but never had an AMG, early days but already blown away by it performance.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Tony, welcome to the forum :) We are getting a few E63 owners on here now so you are in good company :)

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Welcome to the forum Tony.
Was that the white one I saw advertsied for around £38k?
Beauty if it is.

I collect mine tomorrow:D

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome, as said good start- I had to work my way up to that model and they are astonishing ....after a year you’ll be visiting Birmingham :rolleyes:
Think 700 BHP and 855 lb ft torque :p

OP
T

TonySoton

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I purchased it through MB Marshall’s of Southampton, although car was at one of the groups site. Was not totally impressed with it’s presentation by the dealer. However easily remedied, just a little disappointing. I will post some photos soon. I also would like to get some thoughts on it’s service history?

It’s had 2x A-Services, oil and filters etc, both well documented at MB dealerships, last one was in June 2019 at 22,100. However I thought it was a mileage thing or after a year, also I thought brake oil was replaced after three years? When trying to establish with the salesman this, it was as bit “Please sir it’s a MB Approved Car” with 2-years MB Warranty, what’s your concern” Any thoughts would be welcomed

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
It should be an A service followed by a B and back to an A every 12 months or 12k miles whichever is soonest.
Plugs need changing every 4 years and ATF at 40k miles IIRC.

Not sure what you mean by "brake oil"

If you put your car details into this site it should show what is needed and when

http://lite.servicemercedes.co.uk/ess/pc/

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
As above , brake fluid was changed in mine at 4 years too as well as ATF and filters
Service is annual or miles covered - I took out a service plan which turned out to be decent value

OP
T

TonySoton

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It should be an A service followed by a B and back to an A every 12 months or 12k miles whichever is soonest.

If you put your car details into this site it should show what is needed and when

Thanks for the info I also thought the Service schedule was A-B-A etc based on miles or every year regardless. Brake oil poor description, meant brake fluid. Dealership has assured me it’s fully serviced in accordance with MB requirements? Have a detailed print out of 2nd service and awaiting one for its 1st service. Will check out the above link. Many thanks for the info

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
reads like you've been lied too pal , doesn't mean the car isn't a good one but it should of had more services than it has thus far , id think id be making my feelings known as I bet it was top money too

OP
T

TonySoton

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes, I agree it is something of concern. Glad it’s through a MB dealership, servicing is all electronically recorded it can’t be added to, if it’s missing a service, why? What has not been done? mileage correct? More questions than answers?

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Yes, its missed one service, a B (Major) one.

Brake oil, sorry I wasn't thinking of brake fluid. I'm not certain but on my E55 I think it was recommended every 2 years. But the newer AMG's may have diifferent intervals. That link in Post # 10 above will tell you what is required next.

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Can only agree with what's been said above really, servicing goes: A, B, A, B, etc. Sometimes the letter will be followed by a number (1 - 10 type thing) which can denote other requirements.

The brake fluid change on both my W212 and W213 was every 2 years on a B service.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...

On my C63, the ATF was 3yrs and 30k or 40k miles (can't remember the mileage) - I remember the time limit because my car was a month shy of 3yrs when I bought, MB Dorchester didn't do it as it was only on 21.5k miles... Then MB Plymouth tried charging me several hundred quid the following year, having confirmed its "whichever comes sooner".

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
I purchased it through MB Marshall’s of Southampton, although car was at one of the groups site. Was not totally impressed with it’s presentation by the dealer. However easily remedied, just a little disappointing. I will post some photos soon. I also would like to get some thoughts on it’s service history?

It’s had 2x A-Services, oil and filters etc, both well documented at MB dealerships, last one was in June 2019 at 22,100. However I thought it was a mileage thing or after a year, also I thought brake oil was replaced after three years? When trying to establish with the salesman this, it was as bit “Please sir it’s a MB Approved Car” with 2-years MB Warranty, what’s your concern” Any thoughts would be welcomed

Welcome aboard Tony.

1. Don't trust anything an MB car salesperson tells you.
2. Brake fluid is normally changed every 2yrs as its hydroscopic.
3. Ring a different dealer, ask about ATF change requirements on your model & year, (I think they'll confirm what's been said on here), then batter the supplying dealer!

OP
T

TonySoton

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Welcome aboard Tony.

1. Don't trust anything an MB car salesperson tells you.
2. Brake fluid is normally changed every 2yrs as its hydroscopic.
3. Ring a different dealer, ask about ATF change requirements on your model & year, (I think they'll confirm what's been said on here), then batter the supplying dealer!

Went to the link that AMGreed sent me (many thanks) that recommends auto transmission oil and filter change at 31,000/3-years and strangely an option to have Brake Fluid Change at its current mileage and age, but only at customers request???.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Can’t really add to what others have said but I got my car from Marshalls Southampton, and had my previous one serviced there in the early years, and I wouldn’t trust a single word they say.

We do have a very well respected Indie in Southampton who are forum sponsors here. Have a look at MBS Southampton. I’m tied to Marshall’s for two years as they gave me two free services because of the errors (deceit?) when they supplied my car but I’ll certainly be using MBS after that.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom