ECO Start/Stop problem

JPDirect

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 180 Sport Edition 125 (2011)
Hi there,

Just took delivery of a gorgeous 61 plate C180 Sport, Edition 125.

My ECO Start/Stop works fine. But after about 4 or 5 stops, the Yellow / Green ECO indicator disappears from the dashboard display and then the green LED light on the ECO button (near the hazard lights) goes out. Then if I press the ECO button to turn it back on again, it doesn't work. However, if I physically turn off the engine and then re-start again, it works ok, but again, after about 4 or 5 engine stops, the same thing happens again.

Just wondering if you have spotted this on your car? Or is it a problem with just my car...?

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
On our BMW it does this if you have stopped a lot quickly, it monitors the battery and when it drops to below 10v the stop/start turns off until it is charged again.

daveyjp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B160 SE Blue Efficiency
My B class will start up if the battery cannot maintain the output to keep all electrical items going, but the ECO button does not extinguish. It happens if I do a lot of stop/start work shortly after getting to a stage where ECO is lit on the dash.

I've also just found out that the engine also restarts if you take your seat belt off.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom