ECO Start/Stop problem

JPDirect

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 180 Sport Edition 125 (2011)
Hi there,

Just took delivery of a gorgeous 61 plate C180 Sport, Edition 125.

My ECO Start/Stop works fine. But after about 4 or 5 stops, the Yellow / Green ECO indicator disappears from the dashboard display and then the green LED light on the ECO button (near the hazard lights) goes out. Then if I press the ECO button to turn it back on again, it doesn't work. However, if I physically turn off the engine and then re-start again, it works ok, but again, after about 4 or 5 engine stops, the same thing happens again.

Just wondering if you have spotted this on your car? Or is it a problem with just my car...?

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
On our BMW it does this if you have stopped a lot quickly, it monitors the battery and when it drops to below 10v the stop/start turns off until it is charged again.

daveyjp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B160 SE Blue Efficiency
My B class will start up if the battery cannot maintain the output to keep all electrical items going, but the ECO button does not extinguish. It happens if I do a lot of stop/start work shortly after getting to a stage where ECO is lit on the dash.

I've also just found out that the engine also restarts if you take your seat belt off.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom