Extended Civil Restraint Order

OP
robertjrt

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500L 2001, gone but, never forgotten
Never had a new battery fitted? Would have though an obvious next step. Why leave it at the dealer so long before collection? Did you not chase it after the first, certainly, second day?

My car was in the workshop to be repaired, as I though, under the terms of the warranty, if the battery was knakered it need a replacement.

Now; what do I say?

It would be circumspect for me to leave the latter question un-answered at this time.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Blimey £6500 what are you alledged to have done jumped it straight from the National Grid.

OP
robertjrt

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Blimey £6500 what are you alledged to have done jumped it straight from the National Grid.

It would seem so, the car was returned in an un-roadworthy condition and when when the ignition key was turned the dashboard indicated DO NOT DRIVE.:(

So, it would seem that the £6,640 did not ensure that the car was in "working" order.

grober

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C200cdi estate
As that well known philosopher Mark Knopfler once said. ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGu6JsQOFjM

Well it's a strange old game you learn it slow
One step forward and it's back you go
You're standing on the throttle
You're standing on the brake
In the groove 'til you make a mistake

Sometimes you're the windshield
Sometimes you're the bug

Sometimes it all comes together baby
Sometimes you're just a fool in love
Sometimes you're the Louisville Slugger
Sometimes you're the ball
Sometimes it all comes together
Sometimes you're gonna lose it all

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Well I would be mightly miffed as well if a bill that size didn't get it to run.
That issue on its own calls into question the competence of the Technicians that worked on it and presumably diagnosed your "cooking attempts".
Do you have the parts still available for analysis that you alledgedly fried.

OP
robertjrt

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well I would be mightly miffed as well if a bill that size didn't get it to run.
That issue on its own calls into question the competence of the Technicians that worked on it and presumably diagnosed your "cooking attempts".
Do you have the parts still available for analysis that you alledgedly fried.

Strangley enough;no

There is a worksheet that shows electrical work being done on the car; change 10am fuse etc., then the next day an indent for a 120amp fuse assemble and fuse.

The only thing that everybody agrees on is that the electrics were "fried" but the fact that my car had been driven into the workshop car park after starting "on it own" shows MB as liers.

I have copies of the two reports on the collection and delivery of my car from the recovery people which had been requested by Mondial before I was informed that I was expected to pay for the "damage".

Mondial, another multi-national company that prides itself on their customer care policies:shock:

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
The "frying" would have an evidence trail which may or may not have been usefull as to who did what when.
The he did it, no it was already like that argument needs solid evidence to determine where the truth lies.
Evidence of interrogation of the cars systems would have been more than usefull.
Analysis of the components would be usefull.
Judges like paper trails and expert reports.

BarryF

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
320 cdi avantgarde estate
We have the finest legal system money can buy.
Barry

OP
robertjrt

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The "frying" would have an evidence trail which may or may not have been usefull as to who did what when.
The he did it, no it was already like that argument needs solid evidence to determine where the truth lies.
Evidence of interrogation of the cars systems would have been more than usefull.
Analysis of the components would be usefull.
Judges like paper trails and expert reports.

I have kept every single piece of paper as thay will be needed for the "storyline" in the book, a document with my forged signature, internal invoice for new tyres (not fitted) missing spare ( changed make, cover and size), warranty claim invoices, star reports: It just keeps going on and on.

As an ex-Car sales Manager I have a good idea what to look for:)

The Judge at the trial did ask why the technician was not present, I wondered that also:shock:

Thincat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK320
I would hazard a guess that Mercedes-Benz are abusing the law in the dealings with their customer complaints if my experence is anything to go by.

They play hardball, without question. I've never on any occasion managed to get any goodwill payment out of them for the various manufacturing faults on my car. They also refused to replace a cat that had broken up within 2 years (after having been replaced under warranty after 18 months) because they claimed it was out of guarantee - the guarantee ended with the original car's guarantee, they said.

I don't know how much money you've lost but there comes a time to forget it and put it down to experience. Don't buy a Mercedes - they're no longer a quality product and their customer service people are liars.

rovingHawk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK230K, Mondeo Estate, Blackbird
Mercedes-Benz will need..........take me to trial for Slander/Libal which may be a problem for them as what I have written is the truth, and I can prove it:)
Truth might have to be proven and is not necessarily a defence- be careful.

RH

OP
robertjrt

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

I don't know how much money you've lost but there comes a time to forget it and put it down to experience. Don't buy a Mercedes - they're no longer a quality product and their customer service people are liars.

Lost money, I don't know, say £40,000+.

As far as forgetting it and putting it down to experence, err, no, not until Plan B has run it course and Plan C is not viable.

Its only then that I shall not be restricted what I write:D

OP
robertjrt

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Truth might have to be proven and is not necessarily a defence- be careful.

RH

I did not lie in the witness box, Mercedes-Benz did and is is all in the trial transcript. I would welcome the chance to have ***** in the witness box as I have a few questions that need an answer.

I was given some good advice many years ago;

Conversation can be disputed, the written word less so, especialy if it is from a legal department for and on behalf of a corporate body. (Mercedes-Benz)

Darrell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 W202, 1994 W124, 1998 Chrysler Grand Voyager, old 50cc scooter and a Honda CRF 250
What happenened next?

OP
robertjrt

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What happenened next?

Its a long story which has been posted over these past years. The Court Order does not allow me to Issue any further Claims against MB.

I have had notice from MB that they are seeking a General Restraint Order against me. GRO are granted very rarely:shock:

I am waiting for the fifth annivesary, 30 November, to see if the rabbit jumps out of the hat (plan B):D

OP
robertjrt

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
In this mornings post an Order from the Court;

.....It is Ordered that:

Part 2.

To the Claimant ROBERT CARLYLE: you must obey the terms of the following part of this Order. If you do not obey, you will be guilty of a contempt of court and you Robert Carlyle may be sent to prison.

1. Robert Carlyle is forbidden for a period of two years from the date of this Order (until 24th may 2012) ( whether personally or through any servent or agent) from issuing any new applications, appeal or any other proceedings in this action or in action OR from issuing any further proceedings or further applications, or process in any action concerning or touching upon proceedings in which this order in made namely the NEGLIGENT REPAIR ( my capitals) by the defendants of his Mercedes-Benz motor car and the consequences thereof.

2,3 4 relate to the procedure if I wish to appeal the Order.

So, those of you who are thinking of taking MB to court for any reason, be careful, make sure you can afford expensive legal advice and are prepared to spend years doing so.

I shall, of course, comply with the Order as I have no wish to go to prison.

It a good job I have Plan B in operation which should come to fruition soon:)

If Mercedes-Benz thought that I would allow them to rob me they are very mistaken.

Remember this?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Yes very well :D

Daeths

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T212 facelift, 2013. A few toys including pan roof, 19" rims, Harmon Kardon, nappa, privacy glass.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom