Garage Rebuild

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
We have gone for the more practical look garage this time, keeping the water features maintained and the dust off the cinema room takes more time an a service on the 55 :shock:
I do have the grey concrete floor paint and white paint for the walls ;)
As long as you've fitted a drain you're SL's will be fine...:p:D

OP
00slk

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Looks a bit like progress from above other from ground level :D

20210113_104415.jpg

OP
00slk

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

WDB124066

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1996 E320 Sportline Cabriolet X 2
Now this is what you want for your garage, see that KTM sign get one of them nice and thick so if you do get ****ed and feel like letting a few off there’s somewhere to do it, make sure you have some wall space for the wheelie photos and the girly calendars, nothing worse than just one or the other. You’ll want somewhere to line up the empty Scotch bottles so you can show off to your mates, then take them to the neighbours rubbish bin rather than putting them in yours. If you really get a swing on grab a picnic table, they are excellent for a cigar or two & a bourbon or Scotch with your mates and provide somewhere for them to sit between games of darts. We used some really nice timber on ours so it has the designer look – that’s important!!! You’ll need to make sure that it is urethaned too, because the ice bucket will put stains on the timber otherwise – if you only have a cheap one that is.

You’ll be wanting a fire with plenty of space for lounge chairs around it WITH a side table each, nothing worse than having to get up and roll a strong one, it works out better if you can keep your stash right by your person and do it while remaining seated. That way they don’t steal your lighter either. Lots of space for a full night load of timber because you’re not really in the mood for the insects in the wood pile outside - if you run out half way through a session. A camera in the drive with a screen in the garage so you know who is outside and wants to come in before you open the door is a good idea, best thing is to have parking space inside for the bikes otherwise they can go missing and that means you’ll have to go get them back, a time wasting exercise that could be better spent doing mens stuff inside. Fire extinguishers are mandatory, you’ll want three of four cause you’ll lose them, the neighbour will want to borrow one, and the children will want to let one off on new year’s eve or Guy Fawkes & if you get well out of control during your burnouts they are handy to have around.

A one way intercom to the house with a secret switch from the house, so you can keep an eye on what the Mrs is up to while you’re in the shed is also handy, it also allows you to get the lunch and dinner orders in on time and let her know exactly what you want from Helfords.

Definitely get skylights in the roof, lots of them, and go for the LED lights inside. Smoke detectors can be problematic. An inside outside urinal for winter is one feature we are working on, means you don’t have to go out in the cold if you don’t want to, place these next to the outside hose which should be right next to the main door for many reasons.

Don’t worry too much about rubbish bins all over the place it is best just to throw the rubbish on the floor and have a wide broom in the morning to push it all over into the sump where the water/smell proof rubbish bins should be, very handy feature is that, you’ll be surprised how much people can chunda sometimes, when they are having a good time. It needs to be hoseable too, to help maintain the clean fresh feeling.

Have some windows that open opposite the main door to let the summer breeze through, put one way lenses on them [with fly screens] so people can’t look in.

All the tools need to be behind locked doors, they walk and can’t seem to find their way back home, spraying them with pink paint seems to help in that regard.

A big heavy beam is good for the all important pull-ups and removing engines. If you do put one in make it a little extra stronger for the meat hooks in case you like to do your own butchering. Freezer space is handy too.

Keep some room for the cars and things should start to look up for you a bit. Or don’t forget room for the bed, best place to crash in all sorts of situations, not to mention for when your mates need somewhere to stay and the Mrs isn’t that keen. An outside shower by the hose is a true blessing and a outside sink to wash the very dirty oil stained hands works well too.

We’ll talk sound systems later on when you’re closer to finishing off but make sure you put a pole in in case the girls want to dance.

Can't put the picture up unfortunately. inet will not let me.

What is this I hear about a whole bunch of Americans being arrested...??

May your God bless you, have fun.

Last edited:

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
What you do need 00slk is a high level M&E Services containment system installed to deliver Electrical, Comms, Alarms, Compressed Air, Water, Vacuum etc, around your garage such as this: https://armafix.com/pemsa-best-cable-management-option/ adaptable, you can readily add/modify, totally flexible in design and will support services drops to where they're needed keeping your walls free of clutter. Your Electrical/Mechanical Contractor should know all about it.

DSC00112.JPG

OP
00slk

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Now this is what you want for your garage, see that KTM sign get one of them nice and thick so if you do get ****ed and feel like letting a few off there’s somewhere to do it, make sure you have some wall space for the wheelie photos and the girly calendars, nothing worse than just one or the other. You’ll want somewhere to line up the empty Scotch bottles so you can show off to your mates, then take them to the neighbours rubbish bin rather than putting them in yours. If you really get a swing on grab a picnic table, they are excellent for a cigar or two & a bourbon or Scotch with your mates and provide somewhere for them to sit between games of darts. We used some really nice timber on ours so it has the designer look – that’s important!!! You’ll need to make sure that it is urethaned too, because the ice bucket will put stains on the timber otherwise – if you only have a cheap one that is.

You’ll be wanting a fire with plenty of space for lounge chairs around it WITH a side table each, nothing worse than having to get up and roll a strong one, it works out better if you can keep your stash right by your person and do it while remaining seated. That way they don’t steal your lighter either. Lots of space for a full night load of timber because you’re not really in the mood for the insects in the wood pile outside - if you run out half way through a session. A camera in the drive with a screen in the garage so you know who is outside and wants to come in before you open the door is a good idea, best thing is to have parking space inside for the bikes otherwise they can go missing and that means you’ll have to go get them back, a time wasting exercise that could be better spent doing mens stuff inside. Fire extinguishers are mandatory, you’ll want three of four cause you’ll lose them, the neighbour will want to borrow one, and the children will want to let one off on new year’s eve or Guy Fawkes & if you get well out of control during your burnouts they are handy to have around.

A one way intercom to the house with a secret switch from the house, so you can keep an eye on what the Mrs is up to while you’re in the shed is also handy, it also allows you to get the lunch and dinner orders in on time and let her know exactly what you want from Helfords.

Definitely get skylights in the roof, lots of them, and go for the LED lights inside. Smoke detectors can be problematic. An inside outside urinal for winter is one feature we are working on, means you don’t have to go out in the cold if you don’t want to, place these next to the outside hose which should be right next to the main door for many reasons.

Don’t worry too much about rubbish bins all over the place it is best just to throw the rubbish on the floor and have a wide broom in the morning to push it all over into the sump where the water/smell proof rubbish bins should be, very handy feature is that, you’ll be surprised how much people can chunda sometimes, when they are having a good time. It needs to be hoseable too, to help maintain the clean fresh feeling.

Have some windows that open opposite the main door to let the summer breeze through, put one way lenses on them [with fly screens] so people can’t look in.

All the tools need to be behind locked doors, they walk and can’t seem to find their way back home, spraying them with pink paint seems to help in that regard.

A big heavy beam is good for the all important pull-ups and removing engines. If you do put one in make it a little extra stronger for the meat hooks in case you like to do your own butchering. Freezer space is handy too.

Keep some room for the cars and things should start to look up for you a bit. Or don’t forget room for the bed, best place to crash in all sorts of situations, not to mention for when your mates need somewhere to stay and the Mrs isn’t that keen. An outside shower by the hose is a true blessing and a outside sink to wash the very dirty oil stained hands works well too.

We’ll talk sound systems later on when you’re closer to finishing off but make sure you put a pole in in case the girls want to dance.

Can't put the picture up unfortunately. inet will not let me.

What is this I hear about a whole bunch of Americans being arrested...??

May your God bless you, have fun.

:D :D :D You and I are thinking on the same wave lengths my good man, so far have kettle, chair and started collecting signs for to cover the vast wall space and have plenty of large photocopied pictures of important cars ;)
Fridge and beer fridge on the order list, however convenience room such as private wee and wash basin room already attached to new garage along with gas pipe supply for the gas fire which too is already here :) (Actually I had this at my workshop in New Zealand, the buys and some of my customers would come around on a Friday night for a few beers and chat by the fire...Great times)
My good friend who is an electrician will be responsible for all the electrical work and being a car man himself knows all the right lighting to sort for seeing inside the garage during the closed door working. The skylights we looked into as I knew there might be a light issue was very expensive to have fitted, so an extra large window, glass rear side door and an up stairs second glass door for future use should give us the light we need for summer days, however you must understand this is a car garage to put my cars in and of course just that :D
Do like your suggestion of 'sound system' :cool: Girls will have to make do with 2 poster to slide up and down on though :)
Wont need a bed, I have got an S211 :rolleyes:

20210115_113527.jpg

20210115_113512.jpg

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Cant beat man cave mine packed till spring ,cars bikes garden furniture ,gym and walker .so little sofa ,drinkin space all changes end march .cant wait.c,heating boiler keeps place,motors cosy.

OP
00slk

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What you do need 00slk is a high level M&E Services containment system installed to deliver Electrical, Comms, Alarms, Compressed Air, Water, Vacuum etc, around your garage such as this: https://armafix.com/pemsa-best-cable-management-option/ adaptable, you can readily add/modify, totally flexible in design and will support services drops to where they're needed keeping your walls free of clutter. Your Electrical/Mechanical Contractor should know all about it.

View attachment 64726

Thanks Tony. I have seen these in the warehouses I have been in, certainly makes for a tidy installation :)

OP
00slk

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Not much to report on the build right now, I think Covid is taking its toll on most things, including me :(
I don't think the scaffolder is working either.
My Wife tested positive and has had her 10 days isolation then passed on the virus to me so I have tested positive and we are now on another 10 days isolation :rolleyes:
I think it is time to sit in front of the telly and watch all the soaps :oops:
2 of the cars now have missed there MoT appointments, the lorry and the SLK, we can't access the SL because it's at my mates place and he too has tested positive and is isolating. There is such a sinister side to Covid and that is a friend of ours at the age of 44 died on Monday, he was a fit as a fiddle and had no underlining health issues. Just went to bed last week feeling under the weather.
Take good care of yourselves Chaps ;)

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Good idea to learn basic skills mate - I share cooking duties with herself, she does the Sunday roast, the other 6 days of the week we split "roughly" 50/50, but then I enjoy cooking, and have taught both our children, well worthwhile!

Keep well and stay safe, you need to get your project finished and enjoy the benefits (luck sod, how I miss my 26ft x 20ft garage!!).

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
Please Please Please......let there be no talk of pits or ramps or other reminders of pre history work practices. I spent too much of my life climbing into and out of them!!:confused: ( and saw some tragic accidents as well ) Its 2021...nice well lit and ventilated workshop, everything in its place, all Shipshape and Bristol fashion, and as safe to work in as possible in this day and age. looking forward to seeing the finished product 00slk :D:)

OP
00slk

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes, a bit more construction today as the scaffolders came and erected the next stage and had to use my lovely neighbours roof :shock:
Brickie here Saturday or Monday, I'll be here still recovering from this Covid thing and breathing hopefully will return to normal in a week. :)

20210127_151443.jpg 20210127_151613.jpg 20210127_151703.jpg

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
Yes, a bit more construction today as the scaffolders came and erected the next stage and had to use my lovely neighbours roof :shock:
Brickie here Saturday or Monday, I'll be here still recovering from this Covid thing and breathing hopefully will return to normal in a week. :)

View attachment 65049 View attachment 65050 View attachment 65051
Hope that by now both of you are well on the covid recovery stage,,,??? The project is coming along very nicely...finished shape starting to appear. .

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Thanks Tony......The Missus isn't too bright at the moment, so I'm cooking dinner :shock:
Hope ur all good soon.its a b about yr mate,one of mine died of it a month ago after fighting it for a month.. its all very sad .made worse by idiots risking the very people trying to help us.

OP
00slk

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hope that by now both of you are well on the covid recovery stage,,,??? The project is coming along very nicely...finished shape starting to appear. .

Yes thanks Jim, the Missus' back to work tomorrow, she's made a good recovery. I will be back at work on the 4th so plenty to keep an eye on with progress. ;)

OP
00slk

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hope ur all good soon.its a b about yr mate,one of mine died of it a month ago after fighting it for a month.. its all very sad .made worse by idiots risking the very people trying to help us.

Sorry to hear that ajl.
People still don't get it do they. I have seen people go into a shop and start chatting with the shopkeeper and then immediately remove their mask, seriously o_O :confused:

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom