gas conversion ml320 4x4

cromarty

Reaction score
anyone on the forum can tell me thre price of lpg conversion on a 320ml 2000 model?

thank you

bob.

alan782

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 cdi (211) avantgard estate zzr1400(2012)
It should cost around £1800 to £2500 Try the GreenFuel web sitew you should get a quote on line. I had a 2001 3.0 A6 with gas for 4 years a dammed good car. You can hardly tell the difference and would recomend it. And welcom to the Forum.

Last edited:

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
can they still convert diesels to 80% diesel , 20% fuel?

OP
C

cromarty

Reaction score
It should cost around £1800 to £2500 Try the GreenFuel web sitew you should get a quote on line. I had a 2001 3.0 A6 with gas for 4 years a dammed good car. You can hardly tell the difference and would recomend it. And welcom to the Forum.

wish i hadn't taken your advice.....no offence but five month down the line and at the moment the system is running on petrol. my only hope is that they will get it put right but........

kth286

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Coupe 95
wish i hadn't taken your advice.....no offence but five month down the line and at the moment the system is running on petrol. my only hope is that they will get it put right but........

What system did they install ?

OP
C

cromarty

Reaction score
What system did they install ?

i wouldn't like to say at the moment as they have yet some more things to try and get it working and ido not want to upset the apple cart at this point. if i'm still running on petrol in a couple of weeks....? the only positive thing i will say at this point is that they are putting a huge amount of effort into sorting it. the problem from my side is i have lost confidence. i'll keep you posted.

OP
C

cromarty

Reaction score
still trying to sort out my gas conversion. replaced the system but now it has again started to show the same systems as it did in the first system. won't switch from petrol to gas. taking it into merc dealer to have it checked out on the petrol side to see if there is any problem there that might be causing the problem. the system is BRC.

hairyg

Reaction score
Website
www.vegetarian-and-low-calorie-recipes.com
Your Mercedes
R129 (1994) SL320
That's pretty tough. My experience with a Prinz system has been much better. One broken wire to an injector and annual maintenance is the sum of my visits to the installers in 50,000 miles/5 years.

The money saving has to make it worth persevering if you can.

OP
C

cromarty

Reaction score
ml320

That's pretty tough. My experience with a Prinz system has been much better. One broken wire to an injector and annual maintenance is the sum of my visits to the installers in 50,000 miles/5 years.

The money saving has to make it worth persevering if you can.

are you saying you have a ml320 4x4? because now i would like to find if there are any other ml320's out there with a brc system fitted. maybe better to start another thread.

hairyg

Reaction score
Website
www.vegetarian-and-low-calorie-recipes.com
Your Mercedes
R129 (1994) SL320
are you saying you have a ml320 4x4? because now i would like to find if there are any other ml320's out there with a brc system fitted. maybe better to start another thread.

No, mine is a SL320 straight 6. Just making the point that different sustems perform quite differently. In my experience with two different cars the Landi system was just about OK and the Prinz has been excellent. I've not driven anything with the BRC system fitted.

citroennut

Reaction score
hi,
i had a prinz system in my w210 e240 and the problems it suffered were a casting fault in the vapouriser (wall between water and gas thin) which after a couple of years let go and pressurised the coolant system. not really a fault of he system, and just as i sold it, the relay to switch from petrol to gas failed, unfortunately failed whilst on gas and car wouldn't start. luckily it was the garages problem as the deal had been done.

simon

AMck

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 E320cdi S211, SL320 2000(written off), Lotus Excel

Has this been sorted yet?

If not

It might be worth having a look and possibly posting on an lpg specific site such as - http://www.lpgforum.co.uk/ or http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/lp-gas/

It might also be worth contacting the importers - http://www.agpl.co.uk/about-cls.htm

I can't think of anything on the car's injection side that will stop it switching over(there are, however lots of things that can make it run poorly). The lpg system just needs a 12v supply and a 12 v switched supply, a rpm signal and the petrol injector timing.

If it is not switching over to lpg this would suggest a problem with either the electonics or one of the sensors, or not installed correctly. I don't know the BRC system, but most systems have a pressure sensor for the gas - if this is faulty it won't switch, if it's not getting an rpm or petrol injector signal it won't change. If the temp sensor for the vaporiser isn't working again no switch. All these things should be obvious with the diagnostics - do you have access to this yourself?
One installation problem could be the location and connection of the vaporiser. If this doesn't get adequate coolant flow or causing airlocks it won't heat up enough to switch or will cause switching back to petrol.

If it was me after this length of time I would be wanting a full refund.
I have had 5 lpg vehicles, including my SL 320, and have had relatively few problems, including the system I installed myself.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom