1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had an A service today...Dealer can't reset indicator..and want £109.80 to investigate Help

Discussion in 'General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion' started by ioweddie, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Cole@MBS

Cole@MBS Forum Supporter Authorised Forum Supporter

Your Mercedes:
    124 300 CE 24 Coupe, 209 240 CLK
    I have seen this three times now, it’s a two hour software update, you also have to manually teach in the past service history on some, that takes some real time!!!

grayb and LostKiwi like this.
  2. EmilysDad

EmilysDad Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    ML350
    so much for modern tech ....

s5tuart and LostKiwi like this.
  3. OP
    ioweddie

ioweddie Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W205 AMG Sport Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
    Update...Had a response to the email...telephone conversation today...Lots of sympathy....'lets get it booked in and see what we can do for you'....conversation went along the lines of....'yes there is a fault with the software....the car is 5 years old...if you had a rough running engine...and we could fix it with a software update...would you be happy to pay the £109 to fix it'...'er well yes'...they attempted to reset the indicator using the Mercedes...plug in diagnostic....usually its works...they tried several times...then tried the steering wheel buttons method...all to no avail...

They are prepared to update the software...keeping the cost as low as possible...£109 divided into 10 minute sections...aiming to fix it for ½ hours labour...I will get another loan car...as they are going to fit it in and work on it in between other jobs...to keep the cost as low as they can....If the fix does run over the hour then I will only have to pay the £109...

Not really happy but what can I do...they have always been good and did my torn seat and non working exterior door handle lights last year for ¼ of the price...so I've booked it in on July 13th...Fingers crossed...I'll keep this thread updated...wish me luck!

grayb, jonnymerc, daibevan and 3 others like this.
  4. OP
    ioweddie

ioweddie Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W205 AMG Sport Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
    Well Blow me down with a feather...Just had another go at resetting it and it worked...cancelled the dealer visit...just need Brentford to win against Charlton tonight and WBA to not win against Derby Tomorrow...I'll be even happier..

Attached Files:

jonnymerc, daibevan, McDonald and 4 others like this.
  5. EmilysDad

EmilysDad Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    ML350
    Quick .... go & buy a luckdip lottery ticket :D

s5tuart and ioweddie like this.