How to lest fuel pressure

Karl W

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Merc (W124) Estate , Mk2 Golf GTI (Under Rebuild)
Hi,

I don't have a fuel pressure testing guage and neither does the local garage, Is it possible to read the fuel pressure through the 16 pin diagnostic port. I can fault code read the system using a power scope.

My local garage has various old testing equipment and they are sure they'll have something that works but they and me don't know what pins to connect to on the diagonstic port to find what the fuel pressure is at the injectors.

The car is a 95 e200 W124, thanks for reading.

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
No, the only way is with a gauge connected to the pressure test port on the fuel rail.

If I may ask, why check it?

OP
K

Karl W

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The mixture is running lean when warm, so I want to check the fuel pressure at the rail before working back to the pumps. When you spray some engine start spray in the air intake it sorts the problem.

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What are lambda values doing?
Any fault codes to go with?

OP
K

Karl W

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It's always been error free, I just get the blink from the light that denotes no error codes. I've just replaced the Lambda sensor the previous sensor was warnout and was the orginal item so changed it for another OE sensor from the dealer. Tickover it fine warmed up give it some gas and it's going lean. It would be handy if I could see what was happening on the road you don't have to go far before it's popping n banging

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
Hi
Another way would be to replace the fuel filter and see if it runs better.
How old is the fuel in the tank ?

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It's always been error free, I just get the blink from the light that denotes no error codes. I've just replaced the Lambda sensor the previous sensor was warnout and was the orginal item so changed it for another OE sensor from the dealer. Tickover it fine warmed up give it some gas and it's going lean. It would be handy if I could see what was happening on the road you don't have to go far before it's popping n banging

How can you be sure it is lean, what is the lambda voltage doing?

OP
K

Karl W

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi, I ran the volt meter over the sensors and voltage and ristance os fine. When I fire it up it will start fine from cold and after giving it some revs it starts to pop annd bang. If I spray some fuel into the air intake and rev it no problems. Thanks what making me think it's running lean

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom