Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK R170 230
Great work

Hi vauxhallmaniac
Great job !!

have similar problem with my SLK 230 rusted inner/outer wing
do you have any photo's of the repair before and after you fabricated the supports

regards

Pieeater

OP
V

vauxhallmaniac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350/SLK320 Special Edt/SLK320 "Tinkerbelle Edition"
Hi Pieeater lost a lot of photo's when my hard drive crashed could only find a couple !! iv'e tried to zoom in on the last one might give you a better idea dead easy to do both the wing's and bumpers have a bit of tolerance if your holes are slightly off when you do the final alignment:D

scoot_eruk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK230 - 1998 UK
Please give me some tips / ideas on how to remove the center console without causing any damage. It looks like this is the only route to do this restoration properly - rather than using a marker!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Please give me some tips / ideas on how to remove the center console without causing any damage. It looks like this is the only route to do this restoration properly - rather than using a marker!

I have the work sheets if you would like them.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK320V6
rear suspension

hi mr maniac , I own a lovely x -reg slk 320 , had since march , question, the nearside suspension seems to creak like an old floorboard, I had radius arm tightened and 2 suspension arms replaced by a garage back in july, but the creaking noise appears when I get out the car, I don't have a manual ,but still confused , can you shed any light on my plight ?
many thanks. mark b

OP
V

vauxhallmaniac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350/SLK320 Special Edt/SLK320 "Tinkerbelle Edition"
Hi Mark with creaking suspension the best thing to do is get the car over a pit. a 2 post lift is pointless as the suspension is hanging and a 4 poster clanks about too much when your bouncing the car while checking !! over a pit all the suspension is loaded then its a case of one bouncing up top and one in the pit having a grope around, if its a dry joint or bush it should be fairly evident feeling around, sometimes a squirt of WD40 can be used to confirm the offending component !! older MOT centres usually still use pits for testing i'm sure a Christmas drink will get you a diagnosis :D:D

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
I suspect the lower rose joint hub bush is making the noise. I'll have a jd please. :)

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom